The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Vans BOWL-A-RAMA Bondi 2012 - Bondi Beach, Feb 25th

@rider26 - what park is that video done at?

Gonna be so dope! Defs buying 1 of everything on the menu! VIP would top that shit offfff ! Getting on it yeew !

Yeah, been there done that. hehehe

The interview gig - Well to start off I’m not writing this all up in one hit because I only know just cracked my first beer today. At 10pm. So this is a teaser.

Last night someone vandalised the Bondi bowl by pouring oil in it so they’ve been busting out big time to clean it. It was pretty much a no skate day, but Bondi beach put on her absolute best attire - perfect bluebird, 2’ swell and the lightest breath of wind.

What should have taken under half an hour to do interviews took 2hrs, our man Brennan was busy trying to find what part of the beach whatever skater was hanging at. Pedro ended up being dragged out of the surf for his interview - he did it dripping wet! That was after half an hour trying to find him.

Spaz - Looking forward to your interviews bro!

Just checked the ROLL IN video about Cabs Vans shoe.. WHAT A LEGEND!!

1 more day till saturdays bowl action…!

That’s terrible that someone put oil in. I heard that off another mate today but didn’t realize the extent - terrible!! I hope they have some sort of security on tonight and tomorrow to stop any more of that crap going on. I so badly want to see this event and will be fully devo if it’s not on because of some vandalizing turds. Grrrrrr to them I say.

Less than 36 hrs til kick off - wooooooooo.

Stoked for Bowl-a-rama this weekend. Met Cab at Vans store on thurs. Nice bloke indeed!

Not sure how to post pic.

Bring on Saturday.

Ahhh another one. I’ll meet Cab one day yet. smile

Sweet videos. Looking forward to reading your interviews too, Spaz.

drool for sat.

And ah ha haaa Johnny_rad .... Skate to create! Skate and destroy. Lol cool hmm

J rad taught me it doesn’t matter if you’re a girl or a boy, just to skate to create.

Ah sorry, lost in a bones moment.

The interviews were done for video. I’m gonna just write up my experience of the day.

First up was Corban Harris: Corban was ready to go pretty quickly and we spent the most amount of time with him. He was so ready (and a little early) we weren’t fully set, so he and I got to chat a bit while we did sound checks and finished setting the camera’s up.

Corban is buzzing with energy and has eyes that just draw you in - I’m sure all the girls just swoon over him, I think I developed a man crush!
Being the first interview it was good having such a genuine guy to help rid me of any nerves. We jumped into the questions rider26 provided and his answers were in-depth and a little lengthy. Corban was the only skater that had an entourage (well it was one guy), more of a mate, who was also involved with element. As we got toward the end of the interview I had loosened up and was tweaking the questions. I almost didn’t want the interview to finnish but knew he had a big day doing more interviews and a launch party for his signature Element decks that night.

Next up was Renton Millar.

WINNERS OF THE VIP PASSES:

Congratulations to…

Squeals_47
anashibaeva
MitchhctiM
Andy Aitken
gabegaspar

Please send your full name to promo(at)boardworld.com.au

Please email us as soon as possible so we can ensure your tickets are ready for pick-up tomorrow morning.

Have a great time at Van BOWL-A-RAMA Bondi 2012! shaka

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - that’s some serious happy face you’ve given me there.

I’m so over the moon - this is going to be AMAZING!!!! I can’t wait.

I’ve emailed you from my work address as I’m not on my regular email at the moment - let me know if issue (explained all in email).

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and again woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Yeah - I just became a woo girl!

smile

Vans BOWL-A-RAMA 2012: Bondi Day 2

All the action from the bowl, the international team riders at the Galeries store signing and the epic Half Cab Party. Massive Day Two.

Siiiick!
Okay so who’s definitely going to this thing? (members that I know lol)
I’m keen to go but it’s not as much fun if I’m just hanging out by myself.

K2, Spaz, TJ? Anyone else?

That probably sounded really antisocial lol. I’m looking forward to meeting all you new members too shaka