The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Vans BOWL-A-RAMA Bondi 2012 - Bondi Beach, Feb 25th

Hey guys! Hope y’all are well!

Dont know about you guys but Bowl-A-Rama week is a wild one for me. Just moved in to Bondi for the week so I dont miss out on any Bowl-A-Rama action! Loving it here, if anyone would like to permenantly accomodate me somewhere close to the beach it’d be much appreciated. Haha raspberry

Anyone check out Aus Open of Surfing last week? I completely missed the final days events but did see Corbin Harris walking into a bar. Stopped right in my tracks! Haha anyway maybe I’ll meet some of you guys at the parties!

Adios amigos x

Steve Caballero to take this one out?? What’s everyones thoughts??

Looking forward to the Bowl-a-rama action!!

I think Steve Caballero is just in the Masters division. He doesn’t compete with the pros anymore. But hey, he doesn’t have to, He’s Steve Caballero lol. He’s gotta be down to win the Masters though.

As for the Pros, my money is on Pedro. Rune and Bob Burquist always throw down too.

Squeals_47 - 22 February 2012 06:38 AM

So I was on Facebook threatening to kill any man, woman or child for one of those VIP tix for Sat and it turns out I should have been swinging my board in this direction not there. 

All threats aside (or are they really?) ... It would totally rock my universe to score some VIP action on Sat.

I’m a HUGE Lance Mountain and Steve Caballero fan…yup, old Bones Brigade fan here. Would make my life to see them up close and personal still rocking it after al these years. It would just be amazing to be able to watch the whole radtastic event, all the pros, the masters…and of course my favourite jnr, Poppy - she rocked it in newie Hurley ABC comp and is the only rep of the “ladies” that I could see. OMG this is going to rock so hard…

OK I should sign off before I give myself an anneurism just thinking about it all. JOY!!

Hey Squeals_47, welcome to Boardworld! cool smile

Have you seen the teaser for the new Bones Brigade documentary? Check it below.

BONES BRIGADE: AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY

MitchhctiM - 22 February 2012 09:37 AM

Steve Caballero to take this one out?? What’s everyones thoughts??

Looking forward to the Bowl-a-rama action!!

Welcome to the community, MicthctiM. shaka

Andy is right, Steve Cab is in the masters division, but he still rips that bowl as good as anyone. I believe he has won the masters division for the last four consecutive years. He will be going for his fifth straight title in 2012. What a legend!

anashibaeva - 22 February 2012 07:37 AM

Hey guys! Hope y’all are well!

Dont know about you guys but Bowl-A-Rama week is a wild one for me. Just moved in to Bondi for the week so I dont miss out on any Bowl-A-Rama action! Loving it here, if anyone would like to permenantly accomodate me somewhere close to the beach it’d be much appreciated. Haha raspberry

Anyone check out Aus Open of Surfing last week? I completely missed the final days events but did see Corbin Harris walking into a bar. Stopped right in my tracks! Haha anyway maybe I’ll meet some of you guys at the parties!

Adios amigos x

Welcome to Bondi and welcome to the forums! cool smile

Not sure if you caught our video of the Beach Bowl Po-Am at Manly Beach (Australian Open of Surfing), but the video is over here.

I’m so excited to be doing interviews at Bondi.

Went to bed really early after a big day yesterday. Woke up at midnight thinking the days was getting started and jumped on the net. When I realised the time climbed back in and dreamt about skating for the rest of the night.

I’ve been so caught up in my own world the last decade (a snow world) and for 10 years before that a surfing world. It’s been forever since I had much interest in the Pro Skate Scene.
Some skaters I know of; It’s great to see guys my age still killin it at the top of the sport like Steve Cabs. Corbin Harris is an idol and now I’m gonna interview the man who is king of skater interviews!

I can’t believe it’s been ten years since I’ve been to a skate comp. And 20 years since I used a skateboardto get from Rushcutters Bay to Bondi to ride the half pipe. My skatey was my daily transport to get to work - I’d street skate to Darling Harbour and knew every crevice and gutter along William st, Hyde Park and had many night sessions around Cockle bay and inner Syd.

The Vans Bowl A Rama Bondi is gonna blow my mind to see how far skate comps have come.

Thanks for the welcome “rider26” … I am so psyched about that vid … I’ve seen the shorts and I am absolutely HANGING to be able to see the whole thing *salivating*.

I also just found out this morning that my mate Bolzie (Robyn aka “Great Bolz O Fire” in derby) has already had the privilege of skating the Bondi Bowl with some of the greats including Steve …. Ahhhh I hate having to be at work!!  She’s a wicked rad quad skater and just shreds Bondi and super gorgeous to boot.

I also missed the Vans signing yesterday, which is just brutal since I would have so loved to meet Steve in person (sigh).

I think I’m going to have to resort to sleeping beside the stand on the Friday night just to make sure I don’t miss even one more scrap of this radness … LOL

And next year – I believe annual leave will be due the same week as Bowl-a-rama is on.  Sheeeeeeet yeah!!

Also - Steve for the win for the Masters ... woot.

BTW, does anyone know where there’s a full list of every skater in each division?  I can’t find one.

Im very much considering driving up Friday night for this and staying up till Sunday. Spaz and Andy are you guys going on Saturday (regardless of winning a VIP)?

TJ, how bout you? I may need to find a pad to crash haha!
Would be an awesome vibe to be there and watch

Yeah mate, I’m in the middle of pre uni stuff and starting uni on monday but I’ll definitely be trying to be there.
We should make a day of it and try get heaps of members there!

BTW, thanks for posting the video of the Manly comp – we tried to get into that one as spectators but that was not happening for love nor money on the Saturday.  Great to be able to see a lot of the skaters shred it anyway, even if not IRL. :o

Hey Squeals_47,

You might like this one too: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4855/

No trying to rub it in, but I got to meet Steve Cab a couple of years ago at a signing at STM (skate store I worked at). He’s such a chilled dude and even posed with my girlfriend and a Boardworld sticker. Stay on Boardworld and I’m sure we can organise a meet and greet of some description next year if you’re still around Bondi. We even offered it to our members a couple of weeks ago to do all the interviews (which spaz put his hand up for). He was interviewing Steve Cab this morning actually.

OMG that interviewing opportunity would be totally amazing – pity we didn’t find the forum until a day or two ago or I’d have been fighting Spaz for it.

I’ve been talking to my hubster about starting an old school skateboarding blog actually – all about the old school style of boards, boarding, who rode what in the day, etc.  I also REALLY want to do all skate park photography but am saving for a much better camera at the moment so I can take superb action shots…. So yep indeedy – maybe next year I can snafoo the Cab interview – mwuhahaha haaaaa – watch out Spaz, I’m gunning for your job now!! :D

ROLL-IN EPISODE 3