The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Poll- The Shred: Number of days, where you want to stay

Poll: Where you want to stay / for how many days
Total Votes: 31
The Sundeck - 7 nights
The Sundeck - 2 nights / weekend only
The Sundeck - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
The Station - 7 nights
The Station - 2 nights / weekend only
The Station - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
Other - please reply and tell us.
I want to stay for a few days after the 15/16th weekend

MU! Welcome back! wink

Billy - 19 February 2012 03:41 AM

MU! Welcome back! wink

Hey thanks Billy. It’s good to be back. My next stop today will be to check out your Hakuba TR. I can’t wait.

Re some of the comments on accommodation, its clear that there are varied opinions on the subject. Personally I’m looking forward to staying on-snow for the first time. Sure it costs more, but I reckon it’ll be worth it. A nice comfy room with breakfast and dinner included is OK. I’ve learned from experience that it’s a big bonus to have access to a good drying room. 

Put me down for 3 nights 13-15 September at the Sundeck Jeremy. Let me when and how much I need to pay. Thanks for organizing things guys.

MU

Just throwing it out there but I think it will be a 2 person minimum per room. So if you are planning on coming down solo, it might be wise to hit someone up and get a twin room or it may be twice the price.

Or just jump in with another group and add a bed in there. For anyone who came last year, you probably know who you want to sleep in the same room as, and who you don’t want zipping their bed to yours.

TJswish - 19 February 2012 07:42 AM

Just throwing it out there but I think it will be a 2 person minimum per room. So if you are planning on coming down solo, it might be wise to hit someone up and get a twin room or it may be twice the price.

Or just jump in with another group and add a bed in there. For anyone who came last year, you probably know who you want to sleep in the same room as, and who you don’t want zipping their bed to yours.

bahaha… ah yes, the old zipped up beds!!!

Hey anything would be better than sharing a room with five other blokes like last year. It reminded me of a camping experience I had once, and not necessarily a good one. I’m looking to just book 3 nights again, but happy to share with someone if needs be. I guess we’ll see what the room permutations are when the numbers are more solid.

Geez Teej I’d share with you but I know you like to strip down to your undies and have pillow fights.  red face

MoonUnit - 19 February 2012 08:30 AM

Hey anything would be better than sharing a room with five other blokes like last year. It reminded me of a camping experience I had once, and not necessarily a good one. I’m looking to just book 3 nights again, but happy to share with someone if needs be. I guess we’ll see what the room permutations are when the numbers are more solid.

Geez Teej I’d share with you but I know you like to strip down to your undies and have pillow fights.  red face

As much as I’d love to have a pillow fight moon unit, I think I may have a few people joining this year. I’ll work it out once I’m back from Japan.

7 days and the station:)

Quick update I might be bringing Mrs Unit along. I’ll confirm soonish. Let me know when I have to give you a definite number Jez.

MU

Definitely going for a week, but ill have to have a meeting with Ullr pride crew and make a qucik decision

You’ll be stayin on the deck, Dolph!!!!! The Sundeck that is!!!!!

I’ll be steppin out of the pride crew as I ave my boss along with me this time around!!!!!

You’re totally missing the point here Mizu. The obvious thing would be to make the boss an honorary member of the Ullr Crew. No wait a minute…I can see how that might not work. Mrs Mizu is probably not up for a shooey?

MU

It’s all about how you present it…

I have no idea what I will be doing this far out.  In a perfect world I will be dating a supermodel and will be holed up in a south american snow resort penthouse with her.  On the off chance that doesn’t eventuate I will probably be down there for the Thursday Friday and the weekend if I can.  As far as where is concerned it won’t be the station, it could be camping in the national park or at Jindy or if there is a bed going in the Sundeck I will be happy to pay for that. 

Got my season pass and my all park pass so not too worried about that aspect of it, I really don’t mind the drive in from Jindy either, bit of time to watch a snowboard flick on the drive in and get pumped up and the drive back you can unwind and talk shit about the days events.  Will probably be down there with mates who aren’t on the forum so that will probably factor into as well.  I will be looking forward to riding with Deano again but I will hound you into a full blooded 3 attempt off a park jump this time champ!

Grrr I dunno , it looks like convincing my boss is not comming or at least I am not able to convince her yet, so yeah dunno

Seriously you guys need new boss’!

Or man up and be the boss!