The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

One for Billy and Teacher Boy

LOL

LOL hahahaha!

There are so many misspelt tattoos going around… maybe we should start a new thread wink (or is that ‘misspelled?!) wink

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Nice work Andy.  cheese  Although I have to admit people mixing up “your” and “you’re” is very annoying…but maybe I’m just an uptight old git.

I know! I don’t understand how people don’t get it!! michelle wink

As bad as my spellng can be on here, the “yours” and “theres” bug me like crazy when people dont get it wrong.

see what I did their? wink

and there?

Oooh… You added a “don’t” when it wasn’t necessary (and forgot the apostrophe), forgot the ‘i’ in spelling, missed capital letters and…. Did I miss anything?

wink

Thats probably it. Haha, but the only two deliberate ones were spelling and their

The misuse of “then” and “than” is high on my hate list!!!!!

People that say “arks”, instead of “ask” has to be my number 1 though!!!!!  shut eye

and “dont get it wrong”

Don“t get it right (or is it rite, or write)

Jez would be most annoyed but he puts up with the infidels.

Have the rules of grammar changed? I thought you could only hyphenate if quoting the spoken. “Don’t” should be “do not”, “you’re” should be “you are” when writing a sentence. “There’s” should be “there is” and so on…

bahaha… my new favourite thread!!!

I’m one of those annoying English teachers who constantly corrects statements such as “me and billy went down the street”....

Seriously though “YOUR NEXT” tattooed across your hands… makes me shake my head in wonder.

He does have “TATTOO WILL BE BETTER THAN MINE” across his chest, though!!!!!

so then if he holds both arms out does it read

“Your tattoo will be better than mine next” ???

Or does he hold both hands off to one side tongue wink

Maybe it is just part of language evolution?

We speak and write completely differently to how we would of 100 years ago.

Maybe you old language farts need to get off your bikky tins and chill out tongue wink

My biggest hate with stuff like that is when people say “should of” instead of “should have” e.g. I should of gone to the shops instead of being lazy today.
“Should of” is incorrect and makes no sense.
I also find it hard to understand when people don’t get the difference between brought and bought.