The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Shred 2012 - info, dates, what’s happening etc.

Must.

Keep.

BIG.

MOUTH.

SHUT!!!

Too.

Late.

For.

THAT.

NOW!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Repost from the other thread. raspberry

There’s a few factors weighing in for me…

1. All the demo equipment. It’s going to be much easier, for me anyway, to be on the snow at Perisher (even though I did originally want to stay at the Station). I know what a big job it was running all the demo boards/bindings last year. It’s going to be much easier for people to swap and grab gear on the snow at Perisher, rather than coming to my room in the morning at the Station etc. I would then have to drive back all the boards for people not staying at the Station. Totally stoked to run the demo again, which will hopefully be bigger and better than last year, but I need to be realistic about the logistics of it all.

2. Going on last season’s Shred, drinking was a big theme for most the evenings, and even during the day. If (when) we have a big night, surely some of the drinkers will be over the limit in the morning. I know they have RBTs regularly to and from Jindabyne. I would hate for someone to be pulled up for being over the limit in the morning. This has happened to instructors many times in the morning, driving to work from Jindy. Just something to think about.

At the end of the day, price is an important consideration, which is why there are two options. It really is inevitable that there will be a split in where we stay. I personally think that’s fine, and a somewhat even split is even desirable. We have younger crew, students, those travelling elsewhere later in the year, coming to the Shred - and the cost is very important. We need to understand and respect that. If we have a fairly even split, there’s going to be a solid crew to hang out with no matter where you are. And there will be joint activities (SHREDDING for example) every day! So no one is going to feel left out. Those staying in Jindy are going to have a great time, and those staying in Perisher are going to have a great time. There really is no point in giving anyone a hard time over their preference. It’s all about being down at the snow at the same time and having an awesome time together.

Just my opinion. Carry on. smile

Also Mizu, I should be able to organise a venue of some description for trivia night etc. I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Doin a bang up job, Diplomatic Son!!!!!  shaka

You just forgot point 3!!!!! To be closer to my Dad!!!!!

I see what your doing rider - trying to move the debate over here to keep the other thread tidy.

Hey Chucky I know all about dicking around!! - last year I lived with this guy…......  blank stare
Having long warm showers in the morning before hitting the hill rules! wink

When I lived in Perisher the drive to Jindy took 15mins.
Oh, another guy I know could do Cremorne to Thredbo in 6hrs.
I’ve driven Wollongong to Thredbo in 3.5hrs
On a snow day Jindy-P is +3hrs. With RBT 6hrs

At the end of the day you pay for convenience.

Yep Jez, as I though about my post from yesterday I came to realise I needed to make a correction - Sundeck is not the only place where you’ll get to hang with a best crew (BWM) - It doesn’t matter where you stay as long as you are with Boardworlians all will be good.

An idea for a Jindy hook up is trampolining and the foam pit (it’s near the station)!!!! then some fishing and burnouts by the lake wink

i did jindy to the gong in roughly 3-3.5 hours. was soooo hungover, didnt look at the speedo and just wanted to get home hahha

^ Hehe, yeah, when there’s enough motivation. . . I did Sydney to Thredbo in a bit over 4.5 hours once, just because I got a phone call in the early morning saying there was a free lift pass waiting for me.  red face

spaz - 17 February 2012 10:50 PM

Having long warm showers in the morning before hitting the hill rules!

I agree. Stretching in the hot water does wonders for your stiff, sore, tired muscles - and wakes you right up so you’re alert and ready to go from the moment you strap in. Awesome.  cool smile

Campbelltown to Jindy generally took me about 4 hours doing the speed limit (I’m a good boy)

I’m going to stay on snow for the convenience. Even getting shuttles over here in Hakuba made me enjoy the snow a lot less and if you want a break while you are on the snow, jump off your board for 2 hours and then go for an arvo shred. If you are in Jindy you have more obligation to ride all day to get the most out of the trip.

chucky - 18 February 2012 07:42 AM

^ Hehe, yeah, when there’s enough motivation. . . I did Sydney to Thredbo in a bit over 4.5 hours once, just because I got a phone call in the early morning saying there was a free lift pass waiting for me.  red face

haha that is a perfect excuse!

TJswish - 18 February 2012 10:58 AM

If you are in Jindy you have more obligation to ride all day to get the most out of the trip.

That’s a very good point, TJ.

Now that you mention it, I always get so much more riding done when I’m staying off-snow, because there’s no temptation to pop back into your room for a ‘little break’, which usually ends up becoming a long break. I’m glad you brought that up - I’d forgotten about that factor. Ta mate, I’m feeling much better about staying at The Station now.  grin

rider26 - 09 February 2012 07:47 PM

This isn’t the official thread but I just wanted to let you guys know where we’re at.

Basically in about a week from now, we should have definite dates for when it’s happening.

It’s either going to be Sept 3 to 9, or Sept 10 to 16.

We are most likely going to offer two different accommodation types and I’m guessing there will be a pretty even split. There will probably be a budget option staying in Jindabyne, most likely at the Station Resort. The other option will be on snow at Perisher and this will cost more. Of course you can also organise your own accommodation elsewhere if you prefer.

Right now we are in discussions with the Perisher on snow accom, as I am trying to secure the best price possible for our members.

The dates we choose will mostly be determined by price and availability.

So please hang on for another week. Things are moving along but we just need to finalise a few things.

Just a minor detail, but the dates should include the Sunday at the start also!!!!! ie either the 2nd or the 9th, as you normally get to ride the half day with a 7 day pass!!!!! It can also be used as an opportunity for some that are unable to make the shred dates, to stick their mugs in and say howdy!!!!!

yeah i am an apprentice and at the moment but wont be forever money is an issue… but again i would put money aside to stay at sundeck. but i have the ski tube on my ticket so pretty easy to use. and the tube runs pretty late into the night doesnt it so there would still be plenty on beers to be rank at the end of a day with everyone and especially if some are at the station for the ride back. just keen to be apart of it all smile