The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Poll- The Shred: Number of days, where you want to stay

Poll: Where you want to stay / for how many days
Total Votes: 31
The Sundeck - 7 nights
The Sundeck - 2 nights / weekend only
The Sundeck - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
The Station - 7 nights
The Station - 2 nights / weekend only
The Station - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
Other - please reply and tell us.
I want to stay for a few days after the 15/16th weekend

Does this mean that ya aren’t stayin at the Sundeck, Dan?????

Yeah, I’m leaning towards the Station cause of the price. Not certain yet though.

Rider, were there any special BW deal for the Station coming up?

chucky - 17 February 2012 02:24 AM
deanobruce - 16 February 2012 09:32 PM

i wasa tempted by the savings to be had at the station…but that breakdown sounds mighty tempting also… hmmmmmmm

It disregards the bigger picture.

Sure, the whole put $xx away until September may be practical if that’s your one and only snow trip all season - but if you’re budgeting to get in as many trips as possible over the season, not so much.

It’s not as much about if you can ‘afford’ the money as it is about if you can ‘justify’ spending it. When (for 2 people) 2 days at The Sundeck costs as much as 7 days at The Station, I’ll take The Station.

the rest of my snow trips this season will cost next to nothing.

a) season pass already paid for
b) fuel card for mates work ute

equals only paying for food and beers. We do day trips, screw paying for acommodation. That or we sleep in the back of the ute (done ince, not fun but doable)

deanobruce - 17 February 2012 03:26 AM

equals only paying for food and beers. We do day trips, screw paying for acommodation. That or we sleep in the back of the ute (done ince, not fun but doable)

NICE! shaka

i wasa tempted by the savings to be had at the station…but that breakdown sounds mighty tempting also… hmmmmmmm

Sure, the whole put $xx away until September may be practical if that’s your one and only snow trip all season - but if you’re budgeting to get in as many trips as possible over the season, not so much.

It’s not as much about if you can ‘afford’ the money as it is about if you can ‘justify’ spending it. When (for 2 people) 2 days at The Sundeck costs as much as 7 days at The Station, I’ll take The Station.

I find myself agreeing.

for me $79 for 6people room = $79 for accom for 6nights….I already have a season pass and a skitube pass
so add food costs to that and im done.
I’m more about maximising my snow time over the whole season, all the early bird and cheap options add up to a hell of a lot over the season and it means the difference between getting to ride 7days or 30 days.

Having said that…the sundeck is a SICK place to stay and if I was working hard all year and could only go for a week then I probably would go there. I can definitely see the attraction. Although I don’t really go for the partying so wouldn’t mind being stuck in perisher all week.

Damm I hope I can come! you could always just split the friday/sat night ‘afterski’ between each place…say friday everyone meet up at sundeck and sat everyone at the station or vice versa.

meh i am still trying to convince my wife for 7 days to go even if i sleep with cats in dumpster.

Ya not allowed to bring cats into the national park lano, so ya can just scrap that option altogether!!!!!  smirk

CRACKERS - 17 February 2012 03:58 AM

I find myself agreeing.

for me $79 for 6people room = $79 for accom for 6nights….I already have a season pass and a skitube pass
I’m more about maximising my snow time over the whole season, all the early bird and cheap options add up to a hell of a lot over the season and it means the difference between getting to ride 7days or 30 days.

Having said that…the sundeck is a SICK place to stay and if I was working hard all year and could only go for a week then I probably would go there. I can definitely see the attraction. Although I don’t really go for the partying so wouldn’t mind being stuck in perisher all week.

Damm I hope I can come! you could always just split the friday/sat night ‘afterski’ between each place…say friday everyone meet up at sundeck and sat everyone at the station or vice versa.

Crackers your logic may be flawed.
- travel time each day is costly. = 14hrs throughout the 7 days. Those 2hrs/day is a big chunk of your energy and holiday.
If your only putting weekends in = around 28 days (June-Oct) there’s only ridable snow for 20 of those weekend days (if it’s a good season). Look at Warren, FastEddie and Fatima last year, on at least 2 occasions they made the weekend trip only to have shocking snow or the resort closed!!!

- $6/day until September isn’t working hard. Just take your hourly rate and divide 6 into it = how many minutes/day your hard work is rewarded by the Sundeck during BWShred2012. I bet for most of you that amount is earned while you make a coffee??? For me it’s tip money.

If your budgeting to get as many snow trips in - do as deanobruce and sleep in your car (or like myself) keep available a greater percentage of winter time (work casual) and travel during the night when snow is falling and sleep in your car! (you can still manage to put $6/day away). The BW Shred is the best time to utilise budgeting by spending what you save.
Uncomfortable on the shorter trips | Luxury for the big trip with a rockin crew F#%k Yeah. shaka

maximising snow time is surely benefitted by staying on snow.

I do see reasons for staying at the Station - just none that justify my snow addiction. As I’ve said before - You don’t go on a beach holiday and stay 45-60min inland so why do it on a snow trip?

Yep Dan! but generally people refer to me as a spaz because I think to much and make random long winded comments - not because I’m a retard.

It disregards the bigger picture

The bigger picture is the view from Sundeck and the increased time sliding

Pay the deposit and balance on a Credit Card while putting your $6/day into paying it off. rolleyes

Mizu Kuma - 17 February 2012 02:41 AM

I’ll justify my extra expenditure with a few beers every night, whilst standin outside in the white stuff!!!!!  cool grin

Standing???? Not with the temptation of a halfpipe that you’ll be “encouraged” to go down with the benefit of a garbage bag under you!!!!!! Best you stay safely in the shower with your beer bear!

personally i agree with spaz it is kind of pointless staying 40 to 45 min away from the area yo will be traveling every day to, that is just me but i also understand that not everyone can afford it as well, so at the end i think ppl should stop trying to justify what is better and what is not, at the end is a personal decision/what they can afford and what they cant.

that is my 5c comment

Well said Lanox.

Just so you all know I have been discussing payment options with Jez and hoping to set up a Pay Pal account.

The Beauty of this is that you can pay either by direct debit or credit card. Hoping that will help people budget for the Sundeck.

And even if the deposit is on credit card but the other payments are in cash. Whatever works best for you grin

I really feel that when we are asked to actually pay that is what will help people decide, make or break so to speak. If people can’t afford the deposit on the day it is due then that’s is their answer.

chucky - 17 February 2012 03:50 AM
deanobruce - 17 February 2012 03:26 AM

NICE! shaka

tell me about it, this year is the first year i have got off my arse and got the money together for a season pass (also got one for Kirkwood in Tahoe ut thats another story, was only $300) so im going to get maximum days on snow this year. i ahve set myself some pretty high (for me) goals on what i want to achieve this season. Its either success or hospital!

spaz - 17 February 2012 04:40 AM
CRACKERS - 17 February 2012 03:58 AM

I find myself agreeing.

Crackers your logic may be flawed.
- travel time each day is costly. = 14hrs throughout the 7 days. Those 2hrs/day is a big chunk of your energy and holiday.
If your only putting weekends in = around 28 days (June-Oct) there’s only ridable snow for 20 of those weekend days (if it’s a good season). Look at Warren, FastEddie and Fatima last year, on at least 2 occasions they made the weekend trip only to have shocking snow or the resort closed!!!

- $6/day until September isn’t working hard. Just take your hourly rate and divide 6 into it = how many minutes/day your hard work is rewarded by the Sundeck during BWShred2012. I bet for most of you that amount is earned while you make a coffee??? For me it’s tip money.

If your budgeting to get as many snow trips in - do as deanobruce and sleep in your car (or like myself) keep available a greater percentage of winter time (work casual) and travel during the night when snow is falling and sleep in your car! (you can still manage to put $6/day away). The BW Shred is the best time to utilise budgeting by spending what you save.
Uncomfortable on the shorter trips | Luxury for the big trip with a rockin crew F#%k Yeah. shaka

maximising snow time is surely benefitted by staying on snow.

I do see reasons for staying at the Station - just none that justify my snow addiction. As I’ve said before - You don’t go on a beach holiday and stay 45-60min inland so why do it on a snow trip?

Yep Dan! but generally people refer to me as a spaz because I think to much and make random long winded comments - not because I’m a retard.

I won’t be just going on the weekend though? plus that 2hrs a day extra of stuffing around will leave me only 1hr a head of everyone that got drunk and didn’t turn up to the hill until lunch time wink.

Lanox…Spaz knows not to give up now…he nearly has me turning to the dark side with his logic wink  (not that ill admit that..or wait did I just admit that? argh)

for now Im going to say Sundeck, I havent stayed on the snow at Perisher. But Im easy, I dont mind station either… though it would be nice to cut out that morning trek hehe.