The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Billabong to slash 80 Aussie jobs, 400 globally Read m

Billabong to slash 80 Aussie jobs, 400 globally
Surfwear giant to shut between 100 and 150 stores
Pacific Brands considers takeover as profit dives

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/business/billabong-slashes-jobs-as-profit-dives/story-e6frfm1i-1226273604639#ixzz1mbHqsmzH

Not surprising here. Skye lost her financial sponsorship a couple of years ago due to the “GFC”.

It had hit them quite hard

Not surprising here. Skye lost her financial sponsorship a couple of years ago due to the “GFC”.

It had hit them quite hard

GFC and coupled with the fact that nobody is really buyin Billabong branded goods anymore!!!!!

when i was a kid i wore them all the time, now i hate most surf brands. i despise anything with a massive logo/brand name plastered on clothing.

deanobruce - 17 February 2012 03:23 AM

when i was a kid i wore them all the time, now i hate most surf brands. i despise anything with a massive logo/brand name plastered on clothing.

same. Only time ill wear anything branded is if i know the people who own the brand and want to help support them or if if wear the surf clothes someone inevitably gives me at christmas,when i go fishing. I find it weird that people think its cool to have a massive quiksilver etc brand across their chest .....‘hey look at me im a free billboard!’....

the only branded shirt i own/wear is my Boradworld one…