The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Poll- The Shred: Number of days, where you want to stay

Poll: Where you want to stay / for how many days
Total Votes: 31
The Sundeck - 7 nights
The Sundeck - 2 nights / weekend only
The Sundeck - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
The Station - 7 nights
The Station - 2 nights / weekend only
The Station - 3-5 nights (including the weekend)
Other - please reply and tell us.
I want to stay for a few days after the 15/16th weekend

I would have voted for 7 days/sundeck for 2 but can’t guarantee attendance hence a post and no vote :(

Just lock it in and tell all your friends who try to book stuff on those days to FOOK OOF smile. Unless there is something tradgic, nothing will shorten my shred!!

Not sure yet. Prob want to stay at Station but not sure of No. of days…

I know everyone knows this already, but it’s gonna blow that the group will be split…

I was kinda thinking if people wanted to do cheap plus on snow they coudl do 5 nights (sun -thurs) at the station and two night at The Sundeck.

Would be great to have us all together for the weekend!

I’m probably looking at the station for the weekend which I would like to turn into a 3 day weekend if I can sort out something with work.

ozgirl - 16 February 2012 11:29 AM

I was kinda thinking if people wanted to do cheap plus on snow they coudl do 5 nights (sun -thurs) at the station and two night at The Sundeck.

Would be great to have us all together for the weekend!

Or all week at The Sundeck for those who can afford it (with the rest staying at The Station), but the weekend for everyone at The Station?

Last year we ended up being broken into 4 groups:

-Ullr Crew
-Shred Shed
-River Inn
-Independent

Still we all hooked up and found each other.

If you can’t afford to do Sundeck at least you’ll be able to attend the on snow activities during the day by staying at The Station and some of the nighttime entertainment with the other budgeteers, after you’ve travelled, showered and changed then prepared a meal - maybe you can split a pizza and walk to Jindy?
I know most nights I’ll probably skip the shower/change and my travelling will be by snowboard - straight to Sundeck as lifts close or by walking up the halfpipe still in my boarding gear to devour the dinner included in the accom costs.

In the mornings I’ll have done a few runs (hang on it’s Perisher) a dozen runs by the time the budgeteers have made breakfast and spent an hour getting up the hill. And of course (if the pipe is still up) I’ll have had some warm up air sessions outside my front door as soon as it’s light - well before lifts open and just in time for my buffet breaky.

I just did some quick math:
Accom and food - put away $30 a week from now and you’ll cover the cost by Sept (Sundeck)
$10 a week for your lift pass.

^If your a smoker - giving up 2 decks a week will get you on Sundeck!
If you like to party on weekends - I’m sure you spend >$30 in one night - so give up going out Saturday night!
For beer drinkers it’s less than half a case.

It really is that simple. $6/day until Sept - If you really crafty you could probably beg that money together.

i wasa tempted by the savings to be had at the station…but that breakdown sounds mighty tempting also… hmmmmmmm

Spaz sometimes you are not such a Sapaz and actually have some logic!

Even though Jez hasn’t confirmed Deposits i will be guessing it will be the same deal as my other group (or maybe better - cause Jez got us a better rate for less people!), well i wont be worst….

1 month after booking 25% (so $250) then another 25% end of May, final 50% by end of July.

Remember Breakfast and Dinner are included so just take snacks in your pocket for lunch.

From the Sundeck’s site;

Payment and cancellation policy
• Deposit 50% payable within 7 days notice of booking being made.
• Final balance due one month prior to arrival
• Cancellation within one month of arrival date 100% of tariff non refundable.
• Cancellation within two months of arrival date 50% of tariff non refundable.
• A fee of $50 per person, per amendments, will apply to reservations altered after the deposit has been paid.

i’ll try and get a leave pass for 4 days Friday to Monday around weekend ......

deanobruce - 16 February 2012 09:32 PM

i wasa tempted by the savings to be had at the station…but that breakdown sounds mighty tempting also… hmmmmmmm

It disregards the bigger picture.

Sure, the whole put $xx away until September may be practical if that’s your one and only snow trip all season - but if you’re budgeting to get in as many trips as possible over the season, not so much.

It’s not as much about if you can ‘afford’ the money as it is about if you can ‘justify’ spending it. When (for 2 people) 2 days at The Sundeck costs as much as 7 days at The Station, I’ll take The Station.

I’ll justify my extra expenditure with a few beers every night, whilst standin outside in the white stuff!!!!!  cool grin

chucky - 17 February 2012 02:24 AM
deanobruce - 16 February 2012 09:32 PM

It disregards the bigger picture.

Sure, the whole put $xx away until September may be practical if that’s your one and only snow trip all season - but if you’re budgeting to get in as many trips as possible over the season, not so much.

It’s not as much about if you can ‘afford’ the money as it is about if you can ‘justify’ spending it. When (for 2 people) 2 days at The Sundeck costs as much as 7 days at The Station, I’ll take The Station.

well put chucky.