The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Shred 2012 - info, dates, what’s happening etc.

Just back from the white stuff, and already can’t wait!!!!!

Where will the festivities be held, Jez????? ie, trivia, K2oroke etc etc????? Is there any plans for those type of après (such a douche worthy word I know) gatherins?????

And yeah, me and Mrs Miz are down for on snow for the week for sure!!!!! Gotta get some clearance for Miss Pops and Baby Mizu though!!!!!

Unfortunately it’s possibly the worst week for me in the whole entire school year! I’ve already spoken to Jez though…

Have school production on the 11th/12th sept, and overnight staff PD on the 13th/14th. I missed last year’s overnight PD for the 2011 shred. If I ask for long service leave that week, I will get shot!!!! downer

One option I do have - I could drive up (leaving around 12 noon Friday 14th) and come up. I would want to stay for a couple of days after the Sunday though - to make the trip worthwhile. I reckon I could get the next week off work…

Jez - What are the chances of making the shred a Wednesday - Tuesday thing? (12th-18th) .... Or no dice?!?! Just wondering smile

sooooo who is going to stay at the Sundeck and who is aiming for the Station?

Probably leaning towards the station for a 3 day weekend myself but I’m interested in seeing where meeting points are.

Don’t suppose there anyone knows if there is any deals for a weeks accom at the station (no pass included…got a season pass). They usually are pretty decent prices there anyway.

Sorry Jeremy I really really want to come to this, but that time of year is right in the middle of soccer finals, Ill have to leave it to fairly close to the date to know if I can make it down. if it ends up that I can make it, I’ll just work out my accom etc then, no problemo!

Billy - 15 February 2012 08:35 AM

Jez - What are the chances of making the shred a Wednesday - Tuesday thing? (12th-18th) .... Or no dice?!?! Just wondering smile

Suits me. smile

Some of us have already planned to stay on, so you’ll have company.

CRACKERS - 15 February 2012 12:58 PM

Don’t suppose there anyone knows if there is any deals for a weeks accom at the station (no pass included…got a season pass). They usually are pretty decent prices there anyway.

Room rates at The Station with the Perisher Freedom Pass vary (they tend to raise their prices as more rooms get booked and the later it gets), and are currently $89 a night midweek and $129 a night weekends in early September, down to $79 a night from the 16th September until the end of the season.

As far as room availability at that time, probably the only thing that has to be factored in is the QLD school holidays.

Rooms sleep six, but let’s face it, you don’t need to fill a room for it to be an awesome deal per person.

Mizu Kuma - 15 February 2012 08:24 AM

Where will the festivities be held, Jez????? ie, trivia, K2oroke etc etc????? Is there any plans for those type of après (such a douche worthy word I know) gatherins?????

My guess is it’ll be somewhat problematic, to say the least.

chucky - 15 February 2012 02:32 PM

Room rates at The Station with the Perisher Freedom Pass vary (they tend to raise their prices as more rooms get booked and the later it gets), and are currently $89 a night midweek and $129 a night weekends in early September, down to $79 a night from the 16th September until the end of the season.

As far as room availability at that time, probably the only thing that has to be factored in is the QLD school holidays.

Rooms sleep six, but let’s face it, you don’t need to fill a room for it to be an awesome deal per person.

thanks. your right….it is a very good deal!might even be worth me booking early and risk losing the money. It wouldnt be that much with a full room anyway!

i will need floor space or a bed for the weekend or long weekend depending on how many brownie points earned before Sept.
i guess easiest at the station ... so peeps keep it in mind

deanobruce - 15 February 2012 10:28 AM

sooooo who is going to stay at the Sundeck and who is aiming for the Station?

Maybe a poll now that there is a choice of 2 places…?

would be good, i wanna see what ppl are doing before i commit to either.

2 nights for us, maybe 4 depending on the price grin

Done. New thread with poll is here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4764/

chucky - 15 February 2012 02:32 PM

Chucky, I couldn’t find any mention of the $79 deal on the station website. It says it’s $99 till Oct???
http://www.perisher.com.au/the-station/rates-and-reservations/prices-winter/7-rates-and-accommodation/4-motel-rooms.html

EDIT: The shred ends on 16th anyway…

What seems to be great value at the station is if you have more than 2 people. For 2 people it’s gonna cost an average of over $100 PP per night. Each additional person up to 6 is like $9 more. That should be less than $50 a night PP with the cost shared. Not too shabby. Not with lift passes of course. Hopefully I’ve got that right - too tired to check.