The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hat trick win at this year’s BOWL-A-RAMA Wellington

Pedro Barros and Pat Ngoho take out the title for the third time.

Pat Ngoho and Pedro Barros

Saturday, 11th of February 2012: Spectators at Waitangi Park today witnessed Pedro Barros (Pros) and Pat Ngoho (Masters) take the title as winners of BOWL-A-RAMA™ Wellington for the third year in a row for both of them, in what event organisers are calling the biggest line up of talent to grace the park since the inception of the event in 2008.

A total prize pool of over $20,000 had both local and international riders pulling out the big moves, on the 2nd stop of the officially sanctioned World Cup Skateboarding (WCS) event. “I’ve had to judge a few events in my time, this one was definitely one of the most difficult,” states Sasha Steinhorst Head Judge from WCS. “Not many people doubt that Pedro is the King of Concrete and he showed us why, he casually toyed with the pool and he rifled off the big level tricks that gave him his 3rd straight Wellington win.” He Comments.

Steinhorst was also taken a back with the talent of new comer to the BOWL-A-RAMA™ series, Kevin Kowalski.

“To the delight of the crowds and every concrete skateboarder we witnessed the absolute genius of Kevin Kowalski, he deservedly earned a first place spot into the final and in the final he unleashed a barage of little seen or never seen tricks. Finesse, style and spontaneous trick selection kept the crowd begging for more. “

“We are stoked to have been able to bring BOWL-A-RAMA™ back to Wellington. The skate culture here is only growing and we hope to be an instrumental part of that for many years to come,” comments Chad Ford, professional skateboarder and Founding Partner of Frontside Events.

“Pat Ngoho showcases skateboarding in its most refined form and because of that he deservedly won his third BOWL-A-RAMA™ Wellington Masters title in a row. There are very few skaters in the world that understand the best skating is a mixture of form and function and when you see that live you become a fan for life.”

Competition day, Saturday the 11th of February, wraps up the week of official festivities that BOWL-A-RAMA™ brings to Wellington including music & art shows, but both crowds and competitors are anticipating it’s return next year.

“BOWL-A-RAMA™ is one of my favourite times of the year… I’m always ready for it to roll around.” Mike Bancroft, professional local skateboarder.

The stands are packed away for another year in Wellington, as riders get ready to take on BOWL-A-RAMA™ Bondi, Saturday 25th of February.

Pedro Barros

Pat Ngoho

RESULTS

COMPETITION DAY HIGHLIGHTS

no rentos? thought the lineup in bondi had to compete in wellington.

good to see rj doing well, cant wait to see him shreding bondi. owns that bowl, wonder if hell go padless. prick throws blunt 180’s in the deep padless at bondi.

I think he gets automatic qualification for winning ABC?