The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Important Poll - please help us out :)

Poll: Do you use the product guide on Boardworld
Total Votes: 26
Never
Rarely
Occasionally
All the time

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many of you use the product pages aka product guide for snowboarding equipment.

i.e. the pages that appear here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/snowboarding/content/category/arbor-snowboards-mens/

Is this something you use? How often do you look there?

Thanks in advance, you’re input is really helpful.

When we launch the new site, we’re going to condense al the content we have up in the menu. We will be focussing on the important stuff and getting rid of the rest, or just pushing it over to the forums. Let me know what you think.

smile

If I snowboarded I would. I usually look up reviews on anything I buy.

to be honest no, i have never looked at them.

Personally i don’  it, but have and steered people towards i think it serves a valuable source of information

i use dog funk, and I’m slack i usually buy my stuff from there too :(

To be completely honest with you that section needs more work i think as there is no really enough info.

For a person that never owned a board I don’t think there is enough info on the specific board to convince me to go for it or even to understand about the board.
That is my opinion but I defiantly think u should keep that section and improve on it.

LX

For me personally, i usually just go to youtube and search for reviews. Maybe down the line you could incorporate STM to do video reviews of boards etc.

It would be WIN/WIN ,they get more advertising/exposure by being on Youtube and Boardworld and we get valuabe hits if the youtube video points potential board buyers in BW’s direction for more info/ help on deciding on a board.

Just an idea,

Cheers guys, I appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming.

Those info pages aren’t meant to be reviews, rather just an area for people to browse the current products from different brands and get the info they need.

We’re thinking about not doing it any more as they are heaps of work (well over 100 hours or so) and we’re not sure if you guys actually use it. As we launch the new site, we want to focus more on specific things and get rid of a lot of useless stuff (or push it to the forums).

I’m thinking we will only have the ‘How to Ride’, ‘Setup’, and ‘Tuning’ tabs on the left menu. We *might keep the product guide there for another season and see how we go. The rest of the stuff will either be moved here or discarded. Let’s be honest, no one comes to Boardworld for weather reports. There’s Mountainwatch and Snowatch etc. for that stuff.

What do you think?

i glanced at it when i first started at the site to see what the site has to offer
Didn’t really use the info though as i wasnt in a buying frame of mind

the thing that got me to come back to site was the how to section tbh and the front page of snow videos
then i started browsing forum and seemed like a good bunch of snow fanatics so i stuck around

We have product pages????

hehehe, nah I knew that! but I know so much about everything anyway I never go there.

I use them all the time when looking for new gear. I used it heaps when I was looking for a new board and am still looking at it deciding what bindings to go with my board. Its helpful . . .

only really use it when im after something new…

I have been using it of late as im looking to buy my own setup for this season.