The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

’When in Whistler’ series presented by Boardworld & 3CS

really good vid awesome to watch

Very nice edit and forwarding to see more ep shaka

Here’s a few questions Charles Beckinsale answered to accompany the video for an article on Mountainwatch.

When in Whistler episode 1 features the park you build, what are your favourite parts of the park and where should we look out for them in the vid?

I build the park on Whistler with three others so it’s not all me. I tend to work on the medium and large jumps mostly and I do a few rail sets before and after the jumps so I can hit the features I’m into in a long line. To be honest, I like the overall main line the best, but if I had to pick just one feature I would say the last jump - the one I do the frontside 720 on. It’s even better now; I rebuilt it with all the new snow so it’s even better.

Edits always make a snowboarder’s life look so much fun - how much does your typical day actually resemble the day’s riding we see in episode 1?

Well if it looked sunny, that’s not normal for whistler but the park is fun and I always bump into friends if I go up solo. It’s definitely as fun as it looks I would say. My lifestyle here in whistler is probably the best I have had. I have a way better work/life balance here compared to back home; only working four nights a week and averaging about five to six days a week riding. My fiance and I have a nice cosy one bedroom pad here so life is great.

What’s it like being both the builder of the park featured and the rider in an edit?

It’s good to have someone think your riding is good enough to point a camera at - thats always flattering, haha. Being able to build the features then ride them is a great feeling. You can build whatever you feel like filming on as long as its not too gnarly for the public. It keeps you motivated to snowboard for other reasons too; if you built something one night, you always want to go ride the next day just to test it out to see if it worked out well.

Nice Jeremy!  shaka

Charles is a great guy. I don’t know why he comes back to Oz every year (to fill avoid I guess).

He kinda grew up in Thredbo where his mum home schooled him and his sister so they could go snowboarding everyday while she worked to pay for their rented unit. She is the mum we all need.
He is the park builder in Thredbo also. Even back when he was 14 and used to stash rails in the bush where resort officials wouldn’t find them - it’s good to see someone sticking to what they love and dreamed about doing. Charles Beckinsale’s dreams have benefited us all.

One day I’ll find the video of him as a lanky kid desperate to impress.

i will def shout him a beer if i ever meet him.

I actually bought a snow jacket off of Ebay from him, he left in the pocket a chocolate wrapper and the business card of the park builder from a resort in Colorado (cant recall what resort it was, i bought the jacket around 4 years ago)

haha thats funny as bout the jacket deano!

that was a sweet edit indeed, awesome music to go with the dubstep slow mo style… and charles’ riding was stylin!

Episode 2 almost ready to drop. Can’t wait to show you guys! cool grin

yeeeeeooooppp!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 15 February 2012 03:06 AM

yeeeeeooooppp!

+1 shaka

+2

+3

hurry up!!

Dropping Monday morning, AEST.