The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Beach Bowl Pro Am at Manly

Not sure if info on this is hidden elsewhere on Boardworld.

This looks sick !!!!!

Boxy, you got some reporters heading down there for all us that can’t make it?

Beach Bowl

Saw the pic on FB but couldnt find info on an event?

Looks MASSIVE!

It’s part of the Australian Open of Surfing. I think we have one of our filmers heading down for this. Also, we might be doing a bit of a promotion/give-away with Reef (sunscreens) as they are one of the sponsors.

Does anyone know what date it is??

The whole event goes from Feb 11th to 19th.

Here’s the schedule: http://australianopenofsurfing.com/manly12/event/daily-schedule

I love the fact they are making the two board sports events a joint event. rocker

Soooo, is this event a free thing?? Is it going to be crazy busy? Is it worth going along to check out….

(look at what you guys have turned me into! First you get me to snowboard, now you are getting me to go to skate and surfing comps!! But hell i got nothing else on :-( )

It’s free and yes it will be worth checking out.

Haha raspberry

Okay just checked weather - looks like rain. I know they will surf in the rain but what about the skate boarding?

I’m sure they will have a day reserved to reschedule the skating if it rains. The skating doesn’t start till the 16th though. Surely too far out to forecast accurately?

True - but SMH rain gauge thing says high chance of rain for a lot of days… and well it is Sydney… surely you haven’t been in the Whistler bubble long enough yet to forget….

Hahaha, I never trust the forecasts but point taken. wink

any forecast over a few days is utter bullsh!t

Soooo - Saturday morning the weather is looking okay. Anyone around that is keen to check this out?

I will head to Manly around 9 ish until the weather gets shite!

just realised a mate lives 20 seconds from the bowl and we get see it from his balcony!  shaka

And ummmm where is my invite??