The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Things SPAZ forgets

Last year I started karting and I shot a bit of video and became friends with the owner of the track (Fastlanekarting). I put some edits together but totally forgot about this one.

While watching it I was getting devo that someone had done such a good job editing my footage into a promo then the video ended and the editor was me! i still don’t remember doing the edit.

Summer series race night starts this Thursday at Minto. (the vid popped up on fb)
I might start karting again.

Picton and Wollongong karts are just so much better…

But that was a pretty good advertisement for Minto. Nice filming and editing.

spaz - 06 February 2012 11:54 AM

While watching it I was getting devo that someone had done such a good job editing my footage into a promo then the video ended and the editor was me! i still don’t remember doing the edit.

LOL

Nice edit, looks like a lot of fun. I’ve been a few times to Kartatak but the course is small.

They have new karts at Fastlane, a heap quicker, half the weight and much better handling. Very exited to drive them, I just hope it’s not wet (but wet is fun)

I went karting up near Cairns in October the Karts there were amazing and came in 4 categories right up to formula ford! Which you could hire and race on a full sized international track and went 220km’h!!! We used the bottom end (cheapest) and the track official suggested I try the next 2 categories as I was knocking seconds off my time each go and was got within 1sec of the track record for those karts- but it would have been rude to exclude the people I was with, plus my girlfriend at the time was paying.

Fastlane have the longest track in Sydney. But Picton is not considered Sydney and is about the same distance to me as Minto (and I race for free at Minto).
Where is the Wollongong track?

Past wollongong… We went for a bucks party and got a good deal as we had one of the guys that knew the owner. I ended up with the 3rd fastest time and my team ended up winning (we were racing and doing a driver change half way through smile

http://www.wollongongcityraceway.com.au

its at Kembla Grange, i used to live like 3 mins from the track

What about the shred edit too spaz?  tongue wink

Man I haven’t been to fast lane for ages. Might have to go check it out if the new karts are worth it.

Btw sick edit spaz!

Billy - 07 February 2012 06:38 AM

What about the shred edit too spaz?  tongue wink

Oh shit yeah! I forgot about that. I said it would be done by xmas didn’t I - and you laughed!!!!

I’m just about done with this dance concert stuff then hope to find the free time to get back to it. Some of it’s done, some hasn’t even been loaded yet. Well it is a non-paying job and I kinda used up all my generosity on the shred shed wink I have legal bills to pay you know.

Thread title change after Billy’s reminder about the shred edit.
Many things could be added now.

Dan83 would have plenty after the 5 days we spent together in Thredbo.
Tj…..
Ozgirl…..

I’m asking for it now.

haha!

Actually i kind of thought that was what the thread was for when it was first created!!

So….

I’m a last minute guy, always have been - from home work and assignments through to the most important events in life; basically I procrastinate. A LOT!!!!!

Tonight I’m in a stress as how I can use 1 cam to do the job of 4 or 5 for tomorrows shoot with Craig Lowndes.
I realise I’ve forgotten the POV.HD I haven’t opened, yay.
So while looking for where I put it I find an unopened Drift HD. Wow! suddenly I’ve got 3 cams, (better set them up). SNAP! The POV camera head seems to have an issue, I fool around with it for a few hours before deciding I’ll just see if it’ll work tomoz.

Setback #2 - I only have one miniSD card for 2 Drift HD. I find a 2GB card in my crappy free OptusPad. Solved.
Setback #3 - I know I have at least 2 POV1.5 needing repairs, somewhere? I find 4. I fiddle again for a while, then as dinner is being served I discover I don’t have any solder to make repairs, FREAK

After dinner I discover one POV1.5 camera head I repaired yonks ago - weird because 2 friends are waiting for this repair. Then two others I’ve already soldered and half repaired.

I test the repaired camera on a recording unit and it works!
About to try the other two.

The other thing I forgot was the 4 camera’s I have out on loan to sponsored athletes. All these people I lost their contact details on my stolen iPhone, last night I think to look them up on fb and I found 3 - unfortunately one has some cams in a safety deposit box while he’s in Perth. Another is in QLD, and the other I’ll postpone finding until I retrieve my iPhone data from it’s backup.

The stars must have aligned for me this week - everything seems to be falling in place even when they go wrong. Today I drove my sister to her chiropractor app. (he has a 2 week waiting list) a cancellation came through while I was there and I now have an appointment tomoz after karting. Great because I can barely lift my left arm because something is tweaked in my neck - has been for 2 weeks, I can’t surf and can barely type.

FYI, when I visited, we used your camera’s only… I haven’t got any footage smile

How did you think I had forgotten that Tj? Or are you dropping some sort of hint?

Ha! I just remembered I still have your beanie…. which I forgot to give to you at the Shred.