The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Just walked in the door from a week in Hakuba.. too tired to write up a full report now, but will do so shortly.

In summary; insane snow, beautiful people, great hotel (Shakespeare), easy transport.. I can’t recommend it enough

busta - 05 February 2012 07:17 AM

Just walked in the door from a week in Hakuba.. too tired to write up a full report now, but will do so shortly.

In summary; insane snow, beautiful people, great hotel (Shakespeare), easy transport.. I can’t recommend it enough

Awesome! I head off on Friday!

TJswish - 05 February 2012 07:38 AM
busta - 05 February 2012 07:17 AM

Awesome! I head off on Friday!

Go to Sounds Like Cafe in Echoland, ask for Rocky and tell him Peter says hello.. top bloke, and pours a perfect beer smile they have some great food too

Check this out!

Woot - And can i say i love Rhythm Snowsports are sponsoring a Part-Tay on or first night in Niseko!! So I like them!

Those triangles (forgot what they are called) are the best! we lived of them hahaha so tasty!

was that spaz at 1:24?????? LOL

I forgot to mention! I thought that too!! HaHa

I also laughed at the “shit its hot” line.

That is so spaz!

That’s so awesome Oz! Thanks for sharing.
Man, I love Japan.
And yep - those triangles are wicked!! I want one now!!!

Hahaha! That is Spaz! Dead ringer!

slightly off topic, but whilst you’re talking about those triangles, does anyone know where to get nikuman in Sydney?? Preferably the Beef Curry ones.. I’ve been searching high & low since I got back with no luck. Went to Maruyu mart today and bought what looked like them, and a steamer.. only to be disappointed.

mmmmmm

have you looked online for them? Also check out the Chinese version of it (it’s originally from China so they prob have something similar).

in other news, rode in 65cm of fresh today. Super fun. sprayed skiers on the lift. priceless!

busta - 08 February 2012 10:02 AM

slightly off topic, but whilst you’re talking about those triangles, does anyone know where to get nikuman in Sydney?? Preferably the Beef Curry ones.. I’ve been searching high & low since I got back with no luck. Went to Maruyu mart today and bought what looked like them, and a steamer.. only to be disappointed.

mmmmmm

Pretty sure they have them in the CBD at one of the little Japanese marts, as I remember seein them in the little pie warmer display on the counter, but for the life of me can’t remember what street it was on!!!!! Doh!!!!!

Like Gamblor said though, just google Japanese supermarkets, as I think thats how I found the place originally!!!!! Have ya also tried Tokyo Mart on the nth side?????

Gamblor - 18 February 2012 01:24 PM

in other news, rode in 65cm of fresh today. Super fun. sprayed skiers on the lift. priceless!

Woot Woot!!

Woot woot!!

snow in foreseeable future with 16cm on my arrival day and 11 on the first day of skiing!

http://mountainwatch.com/Forecasts/Japan/Niseko

Over a metre of snow and now signs of it abating!

http://mountainwatch.com/Features/10125514/Japan-Snow-Wrap—-No-Sign-of-Abating

The land of the Long White Cloud more than deserves its on snow wrap… with a plethora of resorts large and small all over Japan this wrap could grow very long very quickly so here are a selection of the better known resorts, and their conditions are indicative of what can be found everywhere.
Another amazing week for Niseko, brilliant times too in Nozawa and Rusutsu
Hokkaido

Niseko
Recent snow: About a metre of fresh since last Wednesday
Coming snow: Snow every day - a good 75cm or so all up by next Monday spread pretty evenly across the week.
Conditions generally: The relentless snow makes for some great pow, but the avalanche risk is always there and visibility will be variable for the rest of the week.
Furano
Recent snow: Half a metre or just over since the middle of last week, with a few days of sunshine thrown in for good measure.
Coming snow: Light snow on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The clouds will hang around most of the week though so there may be more in it than the 15cm or so forecast at the moment.
Conditions generally: Word has it the powder is dry and fresh, the air is cold and the wind is dropping so everything looks good right now!
Rusutsu
Recent snow: Around 85cm in the last five days.
Coming snow: Thursday is where the action is - moderate snow up around the 20cm mark, dying off a little over the weekend but continuing to top up the cover.
Conditions generally: It’s cold, it’s snowing, the visibility could be better at times but hey, it’s snowing!

Read more: http://mountainwatch.com/Features/10125514/Japan-Snow-Wrap—-No-Sign-of-Abating#ixzz1n3j9v6SA