The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skate Photos I Took Tonight

The inbuilt flash can help compensate for backlit shots and allow you to use a lower shutter the flash will sharpen the shot and help with focus when you open up the f-stop.

Keep building a relationship with the skaters. Copping flash eye makes it hard to continue skating for the next 60sec but due to the brains ability to forward plan they will be able to land any trick while blinded. As long as they know they are going to be flashed they can concentrate on just the one trick.

Cheers spaz! Will definately put that advice to use. smile

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 06 February 2012 10:24 PM
Sukah - 06 February 2012 10:09 PM

hey K2 can you do burst shots so you can see him rolling up and landing. Especially when they doing flip tricks down a set. it gives the view more of a picture of what the skater has done. that rail looks pretty sweet.

Yeh would like to try some of these style shots. They are a classic type of shot for skating. This camera has a frame rate of 3.5/sec so not super fast, but may be able to get some sort of sequence shots.

mad, i always love seening sequence shots, specially on b/s (cow crap not back side), tricks hahaha.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 06 February 2012 08:21 PM

Thanks chucky! I know what you mean and it does look better. You have obviously edited the picture, what tools did you use to create the effect of narrower DoF from the origional shot? And you have played with the light too?

Cool, mate. I just roughly layered up with Photoshop’s ‘lens blur’ filter - increasing the amount for objects further in the distance. I also cropped and colour corrected, and a few other random tweaks..

Sick pics man shaka

Thanks chucky. Had a play with it today and was using lens blur too. Didnt get it finishing as good as yours. Gotta feather round the skatera bit more so doesnt look like I cut n pasted him there haha

Cheers Warren! Good to see you gave me a positive comment this time tongue wink