The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Supernatural kicks off.

The BEST. Thanks for posting that photo, chucky. Terje is the man!

I don’t really believe in any kind of afterlife, but I’d still like to think that Craig Kelly was smiling down on the whole event in immense pride.

Kazu. Respect.

cords - 06 February 2012 12:55 AM

The BEST. Thanks for posting that photo, chucky. Terje is the man!

Pic credits for this latest lot go to James Sullivan.

deanobruce - 05 February 2012 10:58 AM

I smell a killer tv event…

Curt Morgan and Chad Jackson from Brainfarm had 16 cameras covering the slope, two phantom cameras mounted on hovering helicopters, and I think they’ll also be using the POV footage from the riders’ Contour cameras!!!

“It was most amazing event I’ve ever experienced . . . It’s incredible it came together they way it did. . . I’ve never put so much work into one thing and had it go so perfectly.” - Curt Morgan

EPIC!!!

Devun Walsh - safety first.

Good to see that everyone involved wore avalanche transceivers (look under Devun’s jacket), and all riders voluntarily opted to wear helmets.

Justin Hostynek from Absinthe films was there Seen here chatting with Nico Mueller).  Hmmmmmmmmm, is that a 16mm he’s holding?

Even a lot of the spectators were all-time greats!

Thanks for posting all the info Chucky!

I sure hope we can watch it. Maybe they’ll make it into a dvd?

The final production is two hours - so here’s hoping it’ll be available on DVD!

I wonder why Jamie Lynn didn’t compete, it would be sick to see him throw a huge stylish method. I know he helped designed the lower part of the course.

Photos courtesy Red Bull:

i just saw a vid recapping the event, with JJ’s winning trick and Travis’ winning run. (vid is gone now)

^ Yeah, watched it a few times, then by the time I posted it here, it was removed. That was quick.