The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Supernatural kicks off.

From Travis’ Instagram - these are the trophies!

OK who’s the first to say why these are both so cool and particularly so appropriate for this event?

No way! So it turns out that the boys’ curling competition in Nelson, BC wasn’t just for fun - it determined the drop in order. Cool!!!

EDIT: It turns out that was the intent at the time (according to Scotty), but it didn’t end up working out that way - so Travis came up with a cool series of challenges when they got to Baldface - starting with axe tossing, then ‘hitting the nail on the head’ (it’s a BC thing, and way trickier than it sounds), then a search for two avy transceivers. The overall winners (Lucas Debari, John Jackson and DCP) got to pick which number they wanted to drop.

That’s so sick. I really hope we get some decent coverage over here.

So do I post results - or keep it quiet?

Gotta love Instagram. Scotty dropping in first. In the words of the photographer - “Nailed it!!”

The cat’s out of the bag, so I may as well go with it. Everyone’s gonna know soon enough.

Rice. Rüf. Müller.

I love these trophies. This was a bonus one for ‘The Trick’. John Jackson won it for for the only double cork performed (I presume on the kickers lower down the course).

Travis killed it on his first run. Gigi (who they apparently think is Australian?) also made his first run count. Nico, on the other hand, put it all on the line for his last run.

Looking at the scores, the final (8th) spot was highly contested. I wonder what heppened to DCP, who made the final, then pulled out?

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

good on Kazu for getting that high up also!\
Landvik and Lago really struggled it seems

I hope Red Bull takes note that there’s more talk on the internet from people pissed off about the lack of live coverage than there is about the actual event.

exactly, why do we have to wait around for weeks to see footage well after the results are announced…

Haha, the result is just like me and Jez discussed today lol. Travis, Gigi, Nico. Any clips by any chance?

Since when has the national code been AUS for Austria? wink

A selection of memorable quotes:

“I don’t know what to say. It was larger than life. Just having a slopestyle course on a pow field is so insane and fun.”
–Devun Walsh

“Scotty Lago’s first method set the tone and from there every run was next level.”
–Travis Rice

“This was like six months of built up pressure being released in one day, like the best shit I’ve ever taken. So relieved!”
–Curt Morgan, Founder, Brainfarm

“It was such a good experience riding with everyone I have looked up to. Such a learning experience too. Hopefully I’ll be back next year.”
–Mark McMorris

“The level of riding was just incredible. Seeing the unique lines people took was amazing. Standouts were Debari’s airs and Rice’s whole runs. He is just the best and there is no doubt about it.”
–Eero Niemela

“This is a real snowboard contest. This is no X Games or Olympics. From my background and how I grew up snowboarding, this is the quintessential snowboard event. It truly shows who the best snowboarder is because the top is gnarly boots, the middle is an X Games kicker, and the bottom is some acid-gone-wild jib park!”
–Shin Campos, Supernatural Judge

“Rice gave 110% today. A 100% on the hill and 10% at the bar like it should be.”
–Ryan Runke, Red Bull Athlete Marketing Manager