The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Supernatural kicks off.

Well, the wait days anyway - from February 3rd.

Scotty Lago shot this pic of the upper part of the course:

In Scotty’s words, “Look at the top section of super natural….Too many options and are a lot bigger than they seem….”

Kazu and Travis at the helipad, about to head up to Baldface.

Sickkk!! Can’t wait for this! It’s great to see Kazu competing in this.

skip11 - 03 February 2012 06:28 AM

It’s great to see Kazu competing in this.

Yeah, I think so too.

He’s an awesome rider, and of course that’s why he was chosen - but from a marketing perspective, it’s a great move too.

So does it start tomorrow?

Kind of. It goes over quite a few days from Febuary 3-8 (so starting today, Canada time) - basically, they wait around at Baldface Lodge until conditions are optimal, then it’s all go.

any chance this is being streamed online?

That’d be awesome, but although I’d imagine there’ll be all kinds of individual footage leaked out - this is a “made for TV” event, so my guess is that Red Bull and their broadcast sponsors will only be releasing teasers, leading up to the full event broadcast.

^ I hope I’m wrong, though.

I checked Redbull website, it says it will be on NBC March 31st? Is that just the replay or live?

That’s the finished ‘show’ - once they’ve edited all the footage together and added an appropriate soundtrack etc. My guess is it’ll also be available on DVD at some stage - either for sale, or as a Red Bull promo.

Bryan Iguchi posted this on Instagram. I guess it’s a viewing/filming platform.

damn, i wanted to watch this live… ah well i will survive, will def be buying this dvd!

So what do hardcore borders do while waiting for Supernatural to get underway? Curling, of course. That’s Jake Blauvelt setting the rock while Terje looks on, broom in hand.

Terje takes lessons, while Travis already looks the goods.

OK, the word is that the riders are dropping tomorrow!!! YEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!

They’re going in this order:
1. Scotty Lago
2. DCP
3. John Jackson
4. Lucas Debari
5. Terje
6. Mark Sollors
7. Nicolas Müller
8. Mark McMorris
9. Eero Niemala
10. Gigi Rüf
11. Mark Carter