The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

4ce_full - 01 February 2012 07:07 AM

Cheers for the warm welcomes guys.

Wakeboarding section would be sweet, are there many members on here that are into it?

Keen for a beer or 3, can even give the new Campbelltown Hooters a try smile beer and spicy wings always go hand in hand.

Yeah i have a 2012 Season Pass for Perisher to.

Cheers
Josh

I think they have to finish the surf section first….

But if there is good news, feel free to post it up. smile

I’ll be back late Feb and we can throw around the idea of Dinner at hooters and maybe a dash down to 20slime raspberry (not really, I despise that place and I know they changed the name…)

Its ok, bit on the expensive side, but I see it as Pub food with a view. I have only tried it once, the wings were good, not as hot as they made them out to sound, but shared a plate with some mates and had some beers to wash em down. Was ok!

Just dropping in to saying hello, I’m heading off to Japan (incl 4 days in Niseko) in early March and can’t wait!

I have boarded a bit (mostly days trips) when I was living overseas but I don’t feel like I have progressed much as I never had lessons and just sort of made it up as I went along (with a couple of tips from a friend who started the season before I did). Once I got a little better I often seemed to end up with at least one person who was a first-time-boarder and I’d always offer to help them get started.

It will be the same this trip as my hubs has never boarded before, but I’m quite willing to “sacrifice” this trip to the bunny slopes if it helps him get started - more chance of future trips, then!! And it will be my first time to Niseko so it will still be fun. I’ve also not had any real experience in (deep) powder so if the weather is kind to us that will be a new experience!

Friends have just suggested a Canada trip for Xmas 2013 so this trip will be a test of whether he enjoys it. Fingers and toes crossed!!

The rest of the trip will be 4 days in Tokyo, one night in Sapporo, 5 days in Kyoto (with day trips to other places as well, like Hiroshima), two days in the countryside and then we’ll be coming home. It is all going to go so quickly. I speak some Japanese so getting around won’t be a problem but I am a bit rusty so it will be good to dust it off. 

Nice to “meet” you all. smile

Welcome to BW Josh! I do a little bit of wakeboarding as well. But not that often. Its more when I get invited along to trips with my mates that have boats. I love it. I’ll get a boat eventually cool smile

Welcome MsLoki! hope you and your hubby have a sick time in Japan. Have you been there before? You will LOVE it! smile

Welcome MsLoki. You should have a blast in Japan! You hit Cherry Blossom season so be sure to check that out smile

It’s nice to try and teach people yourself but its never a bad idea to put them in a lesson first so they get the annoying part out of the way with a stranger.
That way you can come back and meet up a few hours later and teach them a few “more advanced” moves and they appreciate it more smile

Welcome to Boardworld, 4ce_full and MsLoki. shaka

Hey 4ce_full I’m in Narellan Vale. I’m about to embark on some video work that’ll include Hooters. Until a week ago I didn’t know it existed! FREAK

I have a Season Pass for P this year. I drive down regularly and have been known to give the occasional BWM a lift - I also tend to score the best days of the season and know enough to get you into the thick of this sport in one short mission.

Just ask Tj

I also like to wake.

Welcome onBoard.
Also welcome onBoard MsLoki.

Hey guys sweet site you got going. Got me hooked. Wake section would be so sick. This site is sick as I love all 4 of the sports. And everyone is heaps helpful on it.
Cheers

Welcome a board, TT!!!!!!  shaka

Good to see you here TT

Welcome to the community, Turbaned turtle. shaka

Welcome TT! Good to have you here. And great to see another getting really involved in the skate section shaka

welcome TT where you from?

Inner west of Sydney. My two locals are five dock and summer hill. How bout everyone else. Heaps of people seem to be in the states ATM for the ski season. Heaps jealous

Welcome TT!