The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan: Niseko Vs. Hakuba

Hi lanox
No worry about your ability. By the time you leave Japan you will be boarding well. I got a few mates who work with Hakuba Snow Sport school. If you feel that a lesson or two would aid you I can arrange to fit you into a group lesson for free. Sound like that Sunalpine would suit you. It a small resort with 5 lifts and alway has good visibility and no crowds

[img]https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7174/6781446985_ff0f353f92.jpg”  alt=”” width=“500” height=“375” />[/img]

Johno i will call you definitely and we can go for a drink/shred and take you up on that offer for school, i am coming with a mate i hope that is okay…

i am staying at Roshenheim hotel and i should be there on 4th of Feb.

Going to Japan for a business trip next week and I have miraculously managed to organise a 3 day Pow session in Hakuba! Happy days!

hahaha hells yeh!

Pow Wow - 16 February 2012 05:07 AM

Going to Japan for a business trip next week and I have miraculously managed to organise a 3 day Pow session in Hakuba! Happy days!

Quite Jealous! And I’m here lol.  Friday is supposed to be a mad powder day!

So for those who have now been to both - which do you prefer?

Oh and I found out last night that next year Jetpoo will be flying to Saporro from Cairns! That even makes Jetpoo more appealing!

Hell yeah, I hope they bring back the SYD to CTS Sapporo too!!!!!

wow big news
jetpoo looking viable…maybe
will see the pricing

does any airline does syd to CTS?? even JAL doesnt do direct do they?

Nope no one has done it for ages….

It is a risky airport. Constantly getting snowed in and flights not being able to take off or land.

Every hour a plane sits on a tarmac cost gazzillions!

Trust me the people I am going to Niseko with could crew their own plane! even if we could afford to hire a plane for our trip - the potential liabilities would bankrupt the lot of us if one thing went wrong.

Kind of puts the cost of flights into perspective doesn’t it?

I think that they fly from other world cities into CTS, direct!!!!!

They are pretty apt to handle some pretty decent snowfalls!!!!!

Yeah they are - but it just that it is not a very profitable sector.

and very risky for LCC.

other world cities…generally closer ones like singapore/malaysia/hong kong

You can fly Vancouver to Sapporo!!!!! Pretty sure that there will be heaps more as well!!!!!

And Cairns to Sapporo isn’t really much different than Sydney to Sapporo anyways!!!!!

Except the price of the gate at SYD INTL….

A stopover in Cairns is much like a stopover in Tokyo though, except that I’d much prefer Tokyo so ya can spend a couple of days sight seein as well!!!!!