The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pre Japan 2012/13 Season plan!!!!!

I can possibly do Mid Jan. I’d definitely put down 2 weeks for me at the snow if I go to Japan again and leave Tokyo out for next year.

Time to start saving and convincing friends Jap > NZ lol.

Unfortunately I might have some dual plankers with me!

I may be interested in this as well, Would need to be school holidays for me so early/mid January. Wouldn’t mind trying a different area of Japan out (did Hakuba this year)

after catchin up the drc today and hearing some stories, seeing photos and watching video’s i’, definitely interested! Once more details come out ill the confirm, want to also buy a house by the end of the year so gotta look at the options and with work for that time i have to let them kno asap if i want the time off

Do what I have done RPS!!!!!

Just tell work now, and if ya decide to bail ya just cancel!!!!! All is sweet!!!!!  shaka

Hahaha - tell drc to hurry up with his trip report!! wink

Billy - 29 January 2012 12:00 PM

Nah, he can leave it for at least 16 days now!!!!!  oh oh

Billy - 29 January 2012 12:00 PM

Haha you really are worried about being one of the low points of my trip! I’ll try to be honest but not too harsh….. tongue wink

Mizu Kuma - 29 January 2012 12:11 PM

Nah, he can leave it for at least 16 days now!!!!!  oh oh

That might not be too far off the mark! Got back and realised I don’t have any internet other than via my phone which is making uploading photos/videos impossible. Will be ordering an ADSL2+ connection for my unit tomorrow so hopefully can start uploading once that’s all connected up.

U said in other post u had bad times y is that ?

lanox - 29 January 2012 01:11 PM

U said in other post u had bad times y is that ?

I just had a run of bad luck on a bunch of things which knocked me around for a few days, It’s nothing too bad I will go into more detail in my TR but it’s hopefully nothing you will need to worry about! smile

Aha, let’s hope all goes well for me, any tips since I don’t really have any questioned at the moment?

lanox - 29 January 2012 01:25 PM

Aha, let’s hope all goes well for me, any tips since I don’t really have any questioned at the moment?

Hmm really general tips are try a bunch of different mountains as they all have different positives to them. Also make an effort to get out and try new things especially the lovely food/restaurants they have. Don’t fall into the trap of hanging out with a bunch of Aussies in the pub eating hamburgers all the time as you can do that here!

Not sure if you are going to Tokyo but it is absolutely amazing and I really highly recommend it as it blew my mind.

Good chance I’ll have my TR up before you leave so will have a bunch more detail in that for you to look over.

Finally if you haven’t already have a read through Billy’s TR in the social section of the forum as a couple of our days overlapped there (for better or for worse evil )

I really should head off to bed now I’m still working on Japan time and unfortunately work is looming :(

cool tnx for reply, yeah i was planning to experience the culture oh and yes i am staying 2 nights i think i tokyo…..

how was the bus ride from airport to hakuba?

lanox - 29 January 2012 09:47 PM

Long! wink
Did you hear back from liquid snow?

Billy - 29 January 2012 09:53 PM

Long! wink

nah not yet i am going to call them again…. communication is really poor with this ppl but good pricing….

is the bus at least commfy can u sleep ?

lanox - 29 January 2012 09:59 PM
Billy - 29 January 2012 09:53 PM

Long! wink

nah not yet i am going to call them again…. communication is really poor with this ppl but good pricing….

is the bus at least commfy can u sleep ?

The bus ride isn’t exactly long as in distance but the issue I had was I’d just hopped off a long flight rushed to get to the bus only to find we sat there for around 2hrs waiting for another group to arrive. You also stop multiple times on the way down which slows down things. Having said that the first stop at the truck stop was my first real exposure to Japan so was quite fun.

Bus was comfy enough and I had a bunch more space than my jetstar seat! I’m a very light sleeper and rarely sleep at all when away from home but I noticed most other people got some sleep on the plane/bus. Worst case scenario your just a bit tired the next day but I found snowboarding woke me up and I just had an early night after dinner and a few drinks.