The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan: Niseko Vs. Hakuba

bliss - 18 January 2012 01:37 AM

Sasa is crazy! Only accommodation on the mountain, first tracks down in the morning even before first aid checks it out! The place gets booked out pretty quickly and it isn’t cheap as well but for its price is worth it, but down in the village there is super cheap accommodation thats super rad as well. Nozawa definitely a place to try out over Niseko and Hakuba and also going for an onsen after a big shred is killer!

bit late lol but always good to know for next time… 2 more weeks and hakuba here we come

BUYEAHHHH

The barman I work with in Goryu got bared for a week for riding under the lifts at Goryu which was rope off. By the way the shuttle bus service has change from last year. If you planing on caming to Hakuba, study the shuttle bus times. I have met heap of people incapable of working it out, typical dumb Aussies and Kiwis. So if you can,t read a time table, your better off going to Niseko.

Long time no post Johno!!!!!

Welcome back!!!!! How’s the pow?????

There isn,t much time during January during the season. Work, boarding and the onsen. I got two day off. I got up to Skyline today after a dump of 30cm of powder during the night. Visibility was down to 50m during the morning. Off to Cortina Tomorrow. I have a car So I will be getting out there early. The crowds on the week end are huge. I get out to Sun Alpina on the week ends. Beautiful resort with some good runs when thing are crowded at Happo and Goryu/47. Goryu/ 47 has been the pick during the week with no crowds and plenty of powder during the last few days. I still reckon the best time to came is early March. Cortina has a heli at 10.000 yen a run.This shit on NZ,s Southren lake heli because if you think it is not worth it your only down 10,000 yen where with SLH you wear it for $800 NZD. End of the school Holiday so things will slow down a bit and more time for boarding.

man o man i cant wait to get there…

I got up early today to go to Cortina and only to find a meter of fresh powder had fallen. This meant that Cortina was an not an option because I had the front wheel drive Honda which was trap in by the metre of powder that had fallen since 1.00 am. after pulling the car out and I decide to hit Sun Alpina which is below the clouds. 47 was closed and Skyline had no visibility. I was glad that I hit sun Alpina. I had the runs to myself and 70cm of fresh powder to play in. It has been snowing all day and getting heavier. I went out for dinner tonight for about an hour only to find my bus cover again with 10cm of powder.

hells yeh! thats insane…

I’m not listenin, I’m not listenin…..............

Man I still haven’t received my package details from liquid snow, I called them yesterday and she said oh really and she goes I will send it right now and still nothin even emailed Aya and no replay… Grr TJ and Billy when did u guys get ur package info ?

Johno that is rad man, can u take me around when I get there next week lol lOl

lanox - 27 January 2012 10:13 PM

Man I still haven’t received my package details from liquid snow, I called them yesterday and she said oh really and she goes I will send it right now and still nothin even emailed Aya and no replay… Grr TJ and Billy when did u guys get ur package info ?

Have you checked all your attachments? They really don’t give you much documentation. Just make sure with aya that your transport is confirmed and the rest will be fine…

I heard aus day was massive there, so they’re probably billy ...... Just kidding wink

Aya was the best to go through - I was emailing this other chick once or twice and didn’t find her helpful…

Hey nah I got nothing in attachments well all I have is confirmation email for what I paid for and that is about it I emailed Aya on Friday and this morning nothing yet.

Hi Lanox
Ya for sure. Ring me when you get here and I will arrange some time off. My number is 09033135767. By the way I saw their bus the other day and its a heap of shit, dirty and a 2 wheel drive. I sure they only drop off at the Happoone Bus station so you can catch shuttles to all of the resort. I have not see them at any pick up areas at the resort. Aquq Alpine / Japan Powder are the only hotel that drop off at all the resort and before the before the shuttle get their.
Johno

johnoT - 29 January 2012 02:44 PM

Hi Lanox
Ya for sure. Ring me when you get here and I will arrange some time off. My number is 09033135767. By the way I saw their bus the other day and its a heap of shit, dirty and a 2 wheel drive. I sure they only drop off at the Happoone Bus station so you can catch shuttles to all of the resort. I have not see them at any pick up areas at the resort. Aquq Alpine / Japan Powder are the only hotel that drop off at all the resort and before the before the shuttle get their.
Johno

cool i might give you a buzzz but i must warn you i aint that good YET been skiing for long time but snowboarding this would be my 2nd time.