The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Billy’s Trip Report - Hakuba Japan 2012!

really nice trip report!

RPS88A - 24 January 2012 01:24 AM

lol dont ask me, i want to go to Japan but the Mrs wants her first overseas trip to be to Thailand lol

I never thought that Japan was a place that I’d ever see as it just was never on my list!!!!!

Then I fell in love with the snow, soon found out that Japan was the best place in the world for snow, then fell in love with Japan!!!!!

Even if there wasn’t any snow there, I’d still go back!!!!!

She will LOVE it!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 23 January 2012 02:37 AM

I was gonna go when we were in Niseko but the dollar was only buyin 55Yen so I canned the idea!!!!!

I so wanna go!!!!! Does he reckon it was worth it????? High powered ones?????

(Maybe we have to get him back on BW, so he can answer my questions????? Sore knee = lots of computer time?!?!?)

Yeah he loved it miz! I think he went through hakuba lion adventures????
I’ll tell him to get his arse on here! Slack! wink

Nice work Billy…... GREAT TR cool smile

Thanks Billy and TJ for the pricing info. Pretty reasonable indeed.

Very much enjoyed that TR, billy!

As for warm vacations…I’ve been to Indo and Samoa for waves and enjoyed both heaps…why not do both warm and cold vacations? I earn squat all and still afforded 3 weeks in indo at the beginning of last year and then two weeks in NZ in the middle of the year! (oh and ten days in NZ the middle of the year before that!)

Thanks everyone!! shaka

Billy - 23 January 2012 01:11 AM

Some of our new buddies – I’ve got no idea what Pat is drinking out of… And a word of warning – do not touch Duvel Beer! It’s a killer!

LOL Well that’s some Belgium beer for you there LOL
I can assure anyone that if you are not used to some heavier beer; Duvel will strike LOL (btw it means Devil in dutch dialect grin )

Well you succeeded in making me jealous and even more wanting to go on vacation :p

chucky - 24 January 2012 02:07 AM

lol dont ask me, i want to go to Japan but the Mrs wants her first overseas trip to be to Thailand lol

Too easy. Sell her on the mindblowing awesomeness of shopping in Tokyo.

hahaha already tried that mate, she said next trip for sure though, might be tagging along to Japan with everyone next year haha

and Oz, we all know that the women are the boss, we just dont like to admit it lol

Mizu Kuma - 24 January 2012 04:47 AM

I never thought that Japan was a place that I’d ever see as it just was never on my list!!!!!

Then I fell in love with the snow, soon found out that Japan was the best place in the world for snow, then fell in love with Japan!!!!!

Even if there wasn’t any snow there, I’d still go back!!!!!

She will LOVE it!!!!!

yeah i’m the same as you Miz, just thought maybe once in my lifetime ill go check out Tokyo but since getting back into the snow its a high priority on my list, that and Canada. Always wanted to go to Canada though regardless of time of year because its apparently beautiful all year round from what i’ve heard and still plenty to do.

Sc4rF4c3 - 24 January 2012 05:36 PM

Some of our new buddies – I’ve got no idea what Pat is drinking out of… And a word of warning – do not touch Duvel Beer! It’s a killer!

LOL Well that’s some Belgium beer for you there LOL
I can assure anyone that if you are not used to some heavier beer; Duvel will strike LOL (btw it means Devil in dutch dialect grin )

Well you succeeded in making me jealous and even more wanting to go on vacation :p

12 months to save: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4413/P60/

Internet seems to think you can get a return flight from Brussels (I think you are around there smile) to Sapporo for about $800 euro.

Would be epic and overall not a super expensive holiday. Stay for 2 weeks and head home smile

Just browsin through again, and gotta say, this is a sick pic!!!!! The mountains, fog and the snow in the trees look sick!!!!!

If ya got it with no one in the shot, it would have made for a wall hanger for sure!!!!!