The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HELP: Skate Intro - need ideas!

Hey guys,

We are making a big transition with our trick tip series, from standard def to HD.

The intro we have been using has been very popular and rather iconic to Boardworld.

Can be seen here:

We need to come up with a new HD intro for our trick tip videos.

We have played around with some ideas, but they’re all pretty standard and nothing spectacular.

We want this intro to be unique and bangin! The intro will use the same sticker as the one thrown on the wall.

Please help us brainstorm. If we use your idea, there’s a skateboard, wheels, and Bones bearings up for grabs.

Thanks in advance. smile

A spinning wheel that is blurred by the speed that its goin, then when it suddenly stops “BOARDWORLD.COM.AU” is either written around the wheel or plastered across in miniature sticker form?????

A very crude example that I knocked up in 20 seconds!!!!!  LOL

What about having a little skate edit at the start. A little one, to get the viewers pumped up for the trick tip.

Maybe have some clips of various trick tips episodes. To give new viewers an idea of the series before it starts so they remain interested and don’t turn the video off.

I’ll have some more ideas, I just need to wake up properly smile

Why not have heaps of pics flashin in and out of ozgirl, asleep with Boardworld stickers plastered all over her head?????  LOL

LOL nice one Muzi

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 January 2012 12:35 AM

LOL nice one Muzi

Thanks, 2K_SaderCrewSnatch!!!!!

teacherboy too early for me brainz to work

LOL

I can’t watch your vid, says its “private”  mad

Fix it NOW Muzi LOL

Yeh I cant see it either how rude are you Miz!

Mizu Kuma - 15 January 2012 11:38 PM

Why not have heaps of pics flashin in and out of ozgirl, asleep with Boardworld stickers plastered all over her head?????  LOL

hahaha!

teacherboy Sorry guys!!!!! Fixed now!!!!!

Really not worth a wait though, it’s just a rough visual to go with my description!!!!!  red face

Mizu Kuma - 16 January 2012 03:17 AM

teacherboy Sorry guys!!!!! Fixed now!!!!!

Really not worth a wait though, it’s just a rough visual to go with my description!!!!!  red face

I got the idea… and the visual made it worse raspberry

I like the idea…................ could you get the logo printed onto a wheel?

that would look sick.

Seeing your using HD how bout introducing a slomo into it. Skater could be doing a tre or kick flip with a BW sticker or logo on their deck. They skate and as they start the trick they camera is zooming in from full shot to the board. Its in slow mo so at some point the board will face the camera with the sticker/logo showing and it slows down more too a frozen shot of the sticker.

Make sense?  confused

So have them do the trick first, then maybe second angle like the frame at 0:18 where the base faces the camera the logo is obvious and the music comes on and it comes right in on the deck there