The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Articles/videos you would like to see on Boardworld…

Now that the backbone of the website is built, we are turning our focus to where it’s meant to be - quality content and videos.

We already have a list of new articles and tutorial videos that we will be writing and filming, but I would like to know if you have any suggestions.

What would you like to see on Boardworld? Is there any content you think we should build?

For now this question only relates to snowboarding content. We are still working hard on the skateboarding section. We did push back the launch of the skate section, however we are aiming to launch towards the end of winter as the weather starts warming up.

Thank you for your suggestions/feedback.

Just throwing a few ideas out there…

Maybe a weekly or fortnightly Members interview? Say choose members at random and interview them via email and have it as a regular article. Good way to get to know members and their snowboarding/skate/surf experiences and insights

Professional/amature Riders profiles and/or interviews - again interviews similar to some mags do that are short and entertaining and gives a view into their lifes. Would be good to hear from local Aus and NZ riders on their seasons or how they go in comps etc.

Resort “Spot Checks” -  dont know how possible this is but maybe a video of each resort (Aus/Nz) through out the season showing a run through the park set ups, or a featured run. I suppose this could be covered in a way by the on mountain bloggers that you have arranged this season. They will obviously be able to give more ongowing updates of their respective hills.

Indistry based articles - so as well as articles there is on riding/progression/tuning etc you could maybe have people in the Industry do articles about their areas. Say for example from boardworlds sponsors, have someone from each one do an article on burton board making, or whats going on in grenade gloves world, or a feature by 3cs, etc..
You could also extend this to areas of snowboarding like photography and filming. Could be done blog style or feature article style on how they work, what the benifits of workin in the industry, bla bla bla lol

Those are just a few of my thoughts at the moment, and to get the ball rolling on ideas
cool smile

edit:
also just thought maybe organising a few in person things like boardworld ride days or bbqs at resorts and that kind of thing to help get the boardworld out there and also get the community to get to know eachother better

A focus on Australian industry and snowsports would be good to see. Articles, interviews,etc. See what Australian snow companies are doing,etc. Who the main players are and who has potential to go global.

Maybe a weekly product review from a board store/staff. They choose an item for the week and do a write up on it, whether it be a board, jacket, boots, binding, clothing line etc

Thank you for the suggestions guys. Trust me when I say every suggestion from our members is taken into consideration for future plans. You might not see it for six months, but if it’s a good idea and we can make it happen - we will!

FYI, next year we plan on including goggles and outerwear in the product info section. We are also going to start doing a lot more actual product reviews, based on product testing performed by Boardworld.

so then I can say I read Boardworld for the articles? raspberry
Not sure how much of a pain in the arse this would be (I suspect quite painful), but to have a segment by an instructor/pro rider regularly with a different trick, with a step by step photo thing, plus a video.
That’d be sweet.

Butters - 11 June 2010 08:40 AM

Not sure how much of a pain in the arse this would be (I suspect quite painful), but to have a segment by an instructor/pro rider regularly with a different trick, with a step by step photo thing, plus a video.
That’d be sweet.

Not to dis your idea or anything… but Expert Village have a whole series of these on youtube and they are already quite lame. To make these guys spend hours filming beginner stuff seems like a waste of time imo.

Totally up to them though.

Yeh I’ve seen some of them ages ago, had forgotten about it to be honest, but they were crap.
Be better with some still photos, and if the guy in the video wasn’t a bit of a douche

Butters - 11 June 2010 09:37 AM

Yeh I’ve seen some of them ages ago, had forgotten about it to be honest, but they were crap.
Be better with some still photos, and if the guy in the video wasn’t a bit of a douche

HAHA! totally agree… but anyone will look like a douche trying to show noobs how to turn etc…

And 1 more post till your shirt smile ^_^

would love to see the surfing part of the website up. How long till this is happening

tjswish - 11 June 2010 09:32 AM

That’d be sweet.

Not to dis your idea or anything… but Expert Village have a whole series of these on youtube and they are already quite lame. To make these guys spend hours filming beginner stuff seems like a waste of time imo.

Have you seen the basic progression articles and videos we put together? Go yo the snow section and click on Rider Progression.

i’d like to see the industry section up and running, explaining what skills you need to actually be able to pass the different courses. I’ve been on the apsi website a few times and didnt find it very helpful.

rider26 - 11 June 2010 03:00 PM
tjswish - 11 June 2010 09:32 AM

That’d be sweet.

Have you seen the basic progression articles and videos we put together? Go yo the snow section and click on Rider Progression.

Yup have seen that. I guess I’ll just have to buy the snowboard addiction dvd, because that’s more what I was after!

We are definitely going to be filming a lot more trick tip / freestyle progression videos now that all the basic progression content is built.