The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sarah Burke in critical condition

I’ve been following this story for a couple of days now. Not sure if you guys have heard about, but Sarah Burke sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI) training in the same halfpipe that Kevin Pearce sustained a TBI.

Sarah is a Canadian freestyle skier and one of the best in the world. She has won four X Games gold medals and in 2007 she was named Female Action Sports Athlete of the Year.

She had surgery two days ago and she remains in critical condition in a coma.  downer

My thoughts and prayers are with Sarah and her family. I really hope she pulls through and makes a full recovery.

More here: http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing/story/_/id/7460245/sarah-burke-remains-neuro-critical-care-two-days-surgery

An article by Gretchen Bleiler (pro snowboarder).

http://w.espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/7461820/

I have been meaning to post about this.

You scared me this morning I thought she had lost her fight.

Keep Fighting Sarah!!

Sorry about that. I just changed the title.

Hang in there Sarah!!!!!

keep strong and pull through… COMMMMMOOOOOONNNNn

Hope she gets better!

“We’ve also learned that the more aggressive and committed we are to what we’re doing, the safer we become. It seems that whenever you ride with doubt, fear, hesitation, or even just on auto pilot unconsciousness, that’s when accidents happen. Which is why today, when I was riding, and thinking about all the things I shouldn’t have been with the wind blowing me sideways, I decided to leave.”

Quoted from Gretchens Article.

Really really good article.  The last paragraph really sums it all up doesnt it. How often have we all just done Oh OK. one more run and that when we got hurt.

Speedy recovery Sarah

Hope she recovers, I did see it posted somewhere on fb the other day

Never a good thing to hear. Speedy recovery to you.