The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

tunes for the shred

rise against
millencolin
AFI
can’t leave out Social Distortion

Fooies also make it onto my snow playlist with every one of their albums

some chili peppers if i’m more chilled out

Rick0889 - 11 June 2010 10:56 AM

anyone listen to Silversun Pickups??

Alltime best band to listen to when on a board of any kind!!!

I have one of their songs on my ipod “Lazy Eye” - I actually heard it from playing Guitar World Tour smile Its cool to listen to on my trip to work!

Geez half/most of the bands being described here I have not even heard of! I must be out of the loop or showing signs of old age and “not being in touch with the younger generation” smile

Stuff I love listening to, snowboarding or not include:
* Depeche Mode
* U2
* Coldplay
* Sunscreem
* Boxcar
* Safri Duo
* Kylie (no I am not gay!)
* Pet Shop Boys (as above)
* D.I.G.
* Anything 80’s - so retro, so daggy, so COOL! smile
* Metallica

Really been hitting Metric lately. Can’t get enough of it. 2 door cinema club and UNKLE are getting a pretty big play too.

kort - 12 June 2010 04:06 AM
Rick0889 - 11 June 2010 10:56 AM

anyone listen to Silversun Pickups??

Alltime best band to listen to when on a board of any kind!!!

I have one of their songs on my ipod “Lazy Eye” - I actually heard it from playing Guitar World Tour smile Its cool to listen to on my trip to work!

Yeah man best song by them for sure!!! that song is amazing, try and get ‘Sort Of’ & ‘Rusted Wheel’ by the same band, great stuff

No ipod/mp3 player = no tunes. Don’t know if I would want to listen anyway.

However, if I had to choose a playlist

Bon Jovi
KISS
ACDC
Kenny Loggins
Haddaway (Man I love that tune)
MC Hammer
B52’s
Billy Joel

you get the picture - basically anything 80’s and some early-mid 90’s as well.

On my last shread trip the lifties set up a sound system in the park, no need for an ipod!

I had a thread on here about posting your latest, or most listened to songs from iTunes.
What you listen to whenriding is so personal of a choice.
I’ve not had that luxury, as I insist on wearing a helmet and I dont have earphone pieces. I have tried various in ear buds, to no avail. they end up being a nuisance.

In the car on the drive. I can suggest some of what I would call “driving music” Look into the band The Gloria Record. they have since long broke up and the singer started Zoo keeper, which is a bit different. but TGR I think hits the spot for mellow driving music. I also like folk and acoustic guitars like Alex Dupree and The Trap Door Band.

I am hoping that after this summer I will fine tune my preferences for my SEIGE stealth in-ear buds. and then get them to stay in my ear while riding. So then I’ll end up with a preference list for riding.

Hardcore is the best to ride to, or fast thrash skater punk isn’t that bad when ur boosting down a mountain.
I like hip-hop when I ride park or rails.