The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

I’ve changed all my moola over here! And gone to little exchange places to get a better rate… Last time I went over it was $1AUD=¥99… Unfortunately it’s a lot less this time - but the airports are asking for 71.69 yesterday and I got it for 77.8

I’ve changed over $1700 for 7 nights, so that’s over 200 a day - PLENTY - even for a billy like me…5 out of 7 lift passes already paid too… Plus I found a whole heap more coins from last time! About 4500 yen! Score!

cool thanks Billy, wow i was thinking of taking only 700 in cash and if i need more use visa card/take more out of my account, but now i am thinking that is now enough.

yeah my passes are paid as well as i am went with liquid snow deal. so all the transfers/lift passes/accommodation paid for.

5/7 lift passes paid ??? what do you mean 5 out of 7?

Don’t be worried by me - last time I took 2k and came home with 1k! And that was for 12 nights! It’s too much, but oh well…

I’m there for 7 whole days but only have 5 days of lift pass - if I want to ride those 2 other days I have to buy the pass! smile

Yours will be the same lanox, they expect people want a break lol

lol TJ no chance mate i got full 7 days passes i am riding that mountain like a maniac after not been on snow 2 seasons ago, no rest for me man.

Haha! Yeah I spent 1500 aussie for 7days but i had to buy everything. Train, transfers, lift tickets etc the only thing i had paid for was accom.

i guess i should be okay then raspberry i cant wait not long to go now.

Friend just told me they’re asking for $1aud for ¥69 at narita airport - get your moola changed here!

Yeah, any Australia Post Office will exchange at a great rate!!!!! Just order before 12midday, and the cash will be there the next day a waitin!!!!!

Around 800-2000 Yen will get a awesome feed, and beer prices will be pretty similar to a pub here!!!!!

If ya want a cheap night of obliteration, just grab a 3liter bottle of sochu!!!!!  billy

thanks mizu, i am planing to take aroun 700AUD in cash and see how i go if i need more i will just take some out.

I found Using atms in japan give a very similar rate to the best exchanges arranged here in oz once fees were included by my bank (bankwest). Just dont use currency exchange places as ripping you off is how they make a living!!

Yeah, I use the atm’s once there, and if ya use a VISA Debit/Credit Card there’s no commission on the transaction!!!!!

It’s always good to carry some cash, just incase atm’s are shut etc etc…....

Our building society issues VISA Cards for around $5 a month fee, then we just cancel the card when we get home!!!!!

imb?

That’s the one!!!!! However did ya guess that, deano?????

mum works there/i have accounts with them/when someone mentions a building society in the illawarra area its the one you think of!