The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SD card and Drift Xmas Order SPECIAL!!!!

hey Spaz…still got SD cards for sale? Just got a camera and need an SD card. was going to go to office works but i thought id see if you were around first.

spaz - 03 January 2012 04:12 AM

Being in Perth it will get in todays post and it is going EXPRESS POST so should be here on Thursday.

F5 key will get a work out today!!  drool

No it wont because AustPost just delivered!!!!!!

I was constantly checking the tracking number last night and first thing this morning. But they hadn’t moved from dispatch in Perth. Then I heard a van pull up 5 mins ago. I was doing little girly excited jumps when I saw it was for me.

Mine is open and on the monopod. Just changed the settings to 90fps in SD, set the time/date and about to insert the SD card and shoot some RC.

spaz - 04 January 2012 11:03 PM

No it wont because AustPost just delivered!!!!!!

dance

Great news mate, I read the post on my phone at the gym and my heart sank as soon as I read “No it won’t”

I’ve replied to your PM organising pickup today.

Should be a load of driftHD footage coming from both of us soon!

I just ran the footage through FCP, tried a few settings on the camera (90fps@480, 60fps@720 and played with the exposure) then edited some SloMo, chose a few secs of an RC truck crashing and tried to load it to Vimeo but Vimeo couldn’t handle the compression settings I had. Will try again later - right now I should get a bit more work done.

I also got the Drift monopod - the mount attached to it is very good but the whole thing is shorter than what I like. I soon realised at the base of the pole is another thread so I took the second monopod (a customers) and attached the 2 together with good results - but the mechanics of them wouldn’t handle any extreme activity. I tinkered a bit and took the rotating mount off and checked out how to put it on my extendable ski pole <This I think will be excellent. At $35 for the monopod it is an expensive rotating head.

CRACKERS - 03 January 2012 10:00 AM

hey Spaz…still got SD cards for sale? Just got a camera and need an SD card. was going to go to office works but i thought id see if you were around first.

I guess not?......

Yeah I do, I do!

I’m rushed for time on BW atm and didn’t get to this. What size are you after?

spaz - 08 January 2012 10:03 PM

Yeah I do, I do!

I’m rushed for time on BW atm and didn’t get to this. What size are you after?

sorry mate! That was the day before I had to go away for two weeks, so I got one when I was away…I knew it was a long shot catching you in time but thought id try at the time anyway. that will teach me to be unorganised

You coulda dropped into Gringo’s Mexican, most evenings I’m there.

I have way too many 4GB SDHC (class 6) cards after buying 100 of them last year. It’s time to get rid of them since the Drift uses Micro SD and will be the main unit I’ll hire in the future.

4GB NOW $10

spaz - 20 December 2011 03:33 AM

Special Xmas DriftHD package deal;
DriftHD + Waterproof Housing + spare battery + 16GB micro SD = </big>$400</big> (Drift HD on it’s own is $399)

Hey Spaz,

Any plans for a similar package for the upcoming SoHe season?

INDEED

Finding more time to do things lately. Lots of catch up stuff ATM.

But BWM package will be announced soon.

Most of these specials are to make up extra numbers when I’m placing large orders - the more I order the greater the discount. The BWM deal is permanent though

Sweet.

Look forward to the update shaka