The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

GoPole - GoPro Accessories

More coming on this soon but just wanted to make you guys aware of the GoPole.

Check it out: http://www.go-pole.com/

They make accessories for the GoPro, in particular grips and poles. All their accessories are made just for the GoPro and you don’t need any other attachments; the camera goes straight on. The poles are lightweight and clear (for less distraction in videos) and they also float in water.

The accessories are currently available in stores in Australia. I will see if I can get a comprehensive list of stores currently stocking them. You can also find them on Facebook here.

I will be testing some of their products and writing a review in the coming weeks.

I was thinking of buying the original one, they look really good with the see through bar in video’s

Shipping to Australia > the value of the pole.

Unless people are planning to do a group purchase, I don’t think I’d invest while living in Australia…

They are available in stores in Australia, so you don’t need to worry about overseas shipping. I’ll update this thread with a list of stores stocking GoPole as soon as I have it.

Another thing, these can’t film sideways.. It’s either looking back at yourself or pointing the pole at someone else… I think I might stick to my mock up version…

Man I really wanna get one of these or similar. need it by saturday, hopefully there is a stockist in sydney or in Canberra?

There’s a few online Aus stores listed here: http://www.go-pole.com/resellers

Sportscamera.com.au should be able to get it out to you pretty quickly. Maybe shoot them an email.

redjames - 03 January 2012 01:59 AM

Man I really wanna get one of these or similar. need it by saturday, hopefully there is a stockist in sydney or in Canberra?

Failing that,

Go to bunnings (or masters if you like having a mcdonalds in your warehouse)

buy one of these:
The extension works a treat for holding at a distance or short for just carrying around.

Buy some cable ties and tape
Approx $20 total (pole, cable ties and tape)

Use cable ties to secure camera to the pole. The last extension part keeps it in place pretty well.

Use tape to hold it upright.

Only issue is that you can only shoot sideways (generally filming other people) but our video came out pretty well with it.

Or get in contact with me Redjames, I’m in the Sydney (Narellan) area and have several poles set up for this purpose. Plus I’ve been building them for a few years.

spaz - 03 January 2012 04:06 AM

Or get in contact with me Redjames, I’m in the Sydney (Narellan) area and have several poles set up for this purpose. Plus I’ve been building them for a few years.

PM sent spaz, thanks

yeah make your own.
Its cheaper, and more fun.
you can customise it to suit your needs.

I’m really looking forward to testing the GoPole - looks the goods to me!

I played around with an extendable ski pole and I couldn’t find the right fitting to make it work how I wanted.

Yeah, it will be good to get a comparison from ya, to the one that I made!!!!!

When I made mine I was originally worried about the weight of it as compared to these plastic/aluminium ones, but then thought it may be of benefit by actin like a counter weight somewhat!!!!!

I will probably bring mine to Whistler, so it would be great to see the differences!!!!!

can you put pic up of what they look like so i can look into buying one smile

Mizu Kuma - 04 January 2012 01:01 AM

Yeah, it will be good to get a comparison from ya, to the one that I made!!!!!

When I made mine I was originally worried about the weight of it as compared to these plastic/aluminium ones, but then thought it may be of benefit by actin like a counter weight somewhat!!!!!

I will probably bring mine to Whistler, so it would be great to see the differences!!!!!

I agree, If you go to light they become hard to keep steady. A bit of weight in the set up helps with smoother footage.

Lachillingworth - 04 January 2012 10:51 AM

can you put pic up of what they look like so i can look into buying one smile

There was a thread going, It vanished during “THE INCEDENT” - I thought a new one was started…..

Here you go anyway.
Photobucket
The gold one from above extended.
Photobucket

With VIO attached but I’ve built them for other cameras
PoleCam V4
removable from boot (so there is somewhere to put it when you don’t want it in your hand. It also gets good footage from here.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bulletcam style mount (rotatable) on extension pole.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sliding mount. The rubber on the end is to stop snow filling the carbon pole and to make it safer.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Velcro style mount (originally a goggle strap mount)
Photobucketrotates and slides on pole - any camera can be attached by either 3M velcro or cable ties.
Photobucket