The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Installing a stereo in a Subaru

Mizu Kuma - 27 December 2011 07:32 AM

Sweet!!!!!

What happened, she didn’t like them????? Which ones?????

I reckon ya got a good argument to buy some yaself now!!!!!!

she hasnt bought any yet. tomorrow she will.

um they were DC…. awwww sheet i forget, they were purple and yellow i think?

DMCC’s (Most likely the Light Vers)!!!!!

They are the bomb!!!!!

Pretty stiff binder though!!!!!

could be… yeh i have no clue on bindings right now (havent researched since i got my 390 boss’s a few months ago) so will ahve to have a look tomorrow

LOL Deano LOL

Ozzy, I dare you to start a convo with Munga when your here about time travel LOL

You gotta watch back to the future !!!!

Oh yeah, def the CD changer cable.

hey ozgirl, does your dad have a voltage tester? makes the job a hell of a lot easier

Its a CD player.. it really cant be that hard?

BLACK wire to the ground
RED wire to the positive
YELLOW(usually) to the accessories)
and normally, with the right plug ons. the rest will plug into where it needs to plug into

what sort of CD player is it?

Brand and model.

I banged a touch screen DVD/CD player into my 1979 gemini a while ago, THAT was a mission wink

New car wiring sucks balls!

I find it so much easier installing car audio in older cars cos I usually rewire it all lol

Yeah he has a voltage tester.

Dad is an electrical engineer so not that clueless.

There are more wires than that Matty. Its a Pioneer DEH-1350MPG.

The problem is - you know those white plastic things that all the wires go into? It doesn’t fit/work with the new stereo so I think dad is rebuilding it! That’s why he needs the wiring diagram. We found a good site online that has every make and model of a car! Gotta love the internet!

My daughters car had a stereo that didn’t match the harness of a new stereo that we got her last chrissy!!!!!

Just follow the wire from the existing setup, then match to the wiring diagram that came with the stereo!!!!! It’s pretty easy really!!!!!

Updated photo…. it scares me!

ozgirl - 27 December 2011 06:49 AM

Oh and Mizu yeah thats what he thought about the glove box and the centre console… but look closely mizu you will see that there was no need!

RPS88A - it is an impreza 2004 with 2003 badging…. cause yeah it could be different.

he actually has got stuck on the wiring so if you have any tips…

Snowdragon - even as a girl i know like colours go with like colours!!

hey hey hey- didn’t mean no offense, just pukin my limited knowledge- first time I rewired a car radio I blew two fuses before starting a small fire . . I mean ON PURPOSE!!!  made the car smell ballsy for a few days . . .

@Deano- Loved the Back to the Future reference!! LOVED IT!!! hahaha LOL

ozgirl - 28 December 2011 01:42 AM

Updated photo…. it scares me!

connect all the matching colors and you’ll be fine trust me smile

Sometimes there are non-matching colours, so ya gotta tag them accordin to the wiring diagram of the stereo!!!!!