The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wheres the place to be in NZ?

hey guys going on a boarding trip to new zealand this year wondering which mountain or mountains i should be visiting
all opinions are welcome ive never been over there before
thanks guys

all of the ones around Queenstown/Wanaka. You cant go wrong

/end thread

p.s. you mean next year right? or you going grass/rock boarding?

thanks
yea next year would probably be the way to go

what do you like to ride?

Park?
Rails?
All Mountain?

My Fav were, in no particular order,;

-Remarkables
-Treble Cone
-Snow Park

the rest are still good but they are my fav 3

yea i was thinking spending a week on the remarkables with a three day at snow park at the end

I’d definitely mix it up a bit. Try them all! Coronet Peak and Remarks are very close to QT but TC and Cardrona are still doable - 1 hr trip or so? My favourite is Cardrona - Treble Cone would be ace if it had fresh snow but unfortunately the times I have been there it hasn’t had any for a while… Never been to Snow Park, wish I did!

I have been to the remarkables the most and its probs my favorite. Followed closely by cardrona. Cardrona is probably the biggest in the area around queenstown. It takes a little longer to get to than remarks, however you can get combined bus/lift pass for like 100 bucks.

I haven’t been to Wanaka since I was a kid, But Remarkables and Cardrona are pretty good. When I go again I would prob split my time between staying at Queenstown and staying at Wanaka rather than the extra commute.

Billy - 26 December 2011 04:33 AM

I’d definitely mix it up a bit. Try them all! Coronet Peak and Remarks are very close to QT but TC and Cardrona are still doable - 1 hr trip or so? My favourite is Cardrona - Treble Cone would be ace if it had fresh snow but unfortunately the times I have been there it hasn’t had any for a while… Never been to Snow Park, wish I did!

i had the same experience at TC, was pure, and i mean nothign but, ice. the terrain looks amazing though.

yea im kinda looking for some well groomed runs with some jumps and a few boxes