The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bad to worse for Shaun White. . .

Just when you thought Shaun White’s credibility problems couldn’t get any worse. . .

His reputation as a “sell-out” just took a whole new direction:

http://www.vice.com/read/kill-the-engine-who-shaun-white-is

ahhh the old misappropriation trick.

i actually bought a packet of the Shaun White chewing gum at walmart in Reno today…tastes like dogsh!t

There’s gum???

Sure it didn’t taste like shaunshit, deano?????  cool hmm

Leave the sauce alone!!!

Bloody red head kids!!!!! Do anythin for attention!!!!!

Do you think Shaun had anything to do with this or his people just signed off on another careless deal?

I think a lot of what’s going on (scooters, this etc.) has to do with poor management by his team. The guy is a huge athlete/star and his people/managers/agents/advisers are seriously letting him down. That said, he should also display better judgement and more control over decisions.

/my 2 cents.

I was wondering that myself….

At the end of the day, he is still the one that makes the call!!!!!

You think he makes the final decision on every deal? He might but I’m not so sure.

I think you’re spot on, jez, as is Mizu.

Carelessly letting others mangle his reputation makes him even more of a sell-out - as it displays a huge amount of disrespect for his fans (without whom, he’d be nowhere).

It looks like the only option he has left to rebuild his reputation, is to finally stand up to those nazis at the FIS.  wink

rider26 - 21 December 2011 07:55 AM

You think he makes the final decision on every deal? He might but I’m not so sure.

Pretty sure that he would????? And if he hasn’t, then someone has made a career endin mistake by handin complete power over to someone else!!!!!

I think that his mother is a strong controllin factor in his life, and maybe she is the drivin force behind these decisions?????

Gum… wow…

So who is Shaun’s pimp?
Man that is seriously out of control, I mean if your name is going on something wouldn’t you want to be approving it first. You can’t say that at the end of the day he isn’t any wiser to the fact that his name is on a product. At least he would be seeing the extra coin going into his bank account, unless he has no control over that.

the control these marketing ppl have, if Shaun died and no one knew about it yet, they would pretend hi is still alive and out his name to everything from tampons to tutu’s

blizzard_22 - 21 December 2011 08:04 AM

Gum… wow…

Yes Gum…