The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Gamblor - 16 December 2011 04:03 AM

It’s puking in Hakuba right now!!!

and yeah, machines stop working at 5pm -> can’t make them do overtime (only people can do that)

Wooohooo! Can’t wait shred

some powder was thrashed today at Happo cool smile

fuck thats mad

the lift wasn’t on, so we had to walk up. Not really worth it, but it was good exercise. It’s still fun to speed down and give yourself faceshots

Great effort, Marc. Awesome photo. Thanks for sharing.

Did they groom a track under the lifts specifically for everyone, or was that just part of resort prep?????

Looks like quite a few keen beans doin the trek too!!!!!

Gamblor - 17 December 2011 02:51 PM

Not really worth it,

compared to the to the snow in OZ, it would be well worth it i reckon!

Mizu Kuma - 18 December 2011 01:04 AM

Did they groom a track under the lifts specifically for everyone, or was that just part of resort prep?????

they groom under the lift so the cat get get up to the top lift. Also, if they don’t keep packing it down, the snow level would be higher than the lift!

Gamblor - 18 December 2011 04:46 AM
Mizu Kuma - 18 December 2011 01:04 AM

they groom under the lift so the cat get get up to the top lift. Also, if they don’t keep packing it down, the snow level would be higher than the lift!

Yeah, thought it might have been resort prep!!!!! No such thing needed here Down Under!!!!!  LOL

Makes for an easier access path for you guys too, hey!!!!!

Monday in Niseko

Simply put - the best day of the season so far. Fathomless powder conditions after yet more overnight snow. Reports are saying 30cm but I cleared my car at night and was brushing 55-60cm off the roof this morning.

As the lifts started moving this morning it was still snowing moderately with a few bursts of sun here and there, and as of time of writing conditions are very still and overcast. There looks to be more light snow coming in later on and through into tomorrow, picking up again in intensity on Wednesday.

Almost all of the mountain is now open with just a few exceptions and lift slowdowns from time to time due to conditions. Current lift operations at time of writing - as always, subject to change

Don’t you love it!

In Australia it would be the opposite. They would say we got 50-60cm, when we really only got 30!

Yeah, 30mm of rain!!!!!

i noticed darren teasdale is in niseko doing pics for somebody… where is he and his pics for us to drool over?

so much snow today! It was thigh-deep. plus it snowed all day today and there’s 40cm forecast for overnight. sigh. too much snow.
Going to try out my new sherlock tomorrow and the missus is giving her new barracuda a go. Should be fun.

Gamblor - 26 December 2011 09:40 AM

so much snow today! It was thigh-deep. plus it snowed all day today and there’s 40cm forecast for overnight. sigh. too much snow.
Going to try out my new sherlock tomorrow and the missus is giving her new barracuda a go. Should be fun.

Awesome, keep it coming shred

today was epic! the sherlock was awesome, my wife loved her barracuda, was throwing methods and 3’s all over. best day of the year so far