The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

No new bindings for me. I’m hanging out to try JF Pelchat’s mystery ‘noback’ bindings from his new ‘Now Snowboarding’ company. He’s got riders like Devun Walsh, DCP, Jeremy Jones, Romain de Marchi and Shin Campos raving about the ‘revolutionary’ prototypes they’ve tried - but he’s keeping the whole thing close to his chest, and hasn’t revealed the final product to the public. It’s a wait - they won’t be retailing until September 2012.

In the meantime, my current Burton bindings are becoming Frankenbindings.

Gamblor - 13 December 2011 01:15 PM

hey mizu, notice he said the reflex base was brilliant????

Well he hasn’t tried the new Alpha Base on the FLUX’s yet either!!!!! 

So what is the tech on the new Burton Re-flux base, anyway????? Is it similar to FLUX’s Flat Rocker Sole?????

Is it like their Cap Strap technology, kinda like FLUX’s Patented FTM toe strap?????

Maybe Burton will bring out the UUU Fit strap, or the latest highback that eliminates a traditional forward lean adjuster?????

Or the asymmetric heel cup even????? 

cheese

Mizu you’re so biased it hurts hahahaha

End of the day you can’t go past burton boot and binding combo, pretty much perfect when you have both items from the one manufacturer.

Not Biased finney!!!!!

Just comin to the defence of what I think are a top class product!!!!! Not that they really need it, cause they are Bomb Poof anyway!!!!!  smirk

finney - 13 December 2011 11:15 PM

. . . you can’t go past burton boot and binding combo, pretty much perfect when you have both items from the one manufacturer.

I disagree, finney - sort of.

I think Burton boots/bindings are awesome, BUT. . .

A Burton boot and binding combo is great if you’re the right boot size, but I’m not. I have two sets of Burton bindings (2010 CO2 and P1.1 - both large), and although Burton claim they should fit size 11 boots just fine, they don’t. I blame it on the lack of an adjustable heelcup - something which every good binding should have, but Burton don’t.

My previous Burton Ion boots fit OK I suppose, but now I’ve switched to Burton SLX boots, they’re too small for the bindings so I can’t get them cranked down hard enough. What sucks more is that no matter what I did, the Ion boots couldn’t centre properly on my board no matter what I did - which is the only reason I changed boots in the first place (another fault of the non-adjustable heelcup). To make the bindings fit properly, I’m switching the bindings’ heel straps from large to medium - which is hardly a reasonable solution.

Burton promotes the fact that their boot fitting is so good, but then they only have three binding sizes - it’s just dumb. Burton bindings should come in at least four sizes to ensure a reasonable fit for ALL boot sizes.

FLUX’s UU Fit actually helps to rectify that very problem, chucky!!!!!

The heel strap is pre bent and placed on the inside of the baseplate, therefore givin a tighter fit!!!!! They have a patent on this design!!!!!

Yeah, you could be right - but I just can’t justify buying new bindings.

chucky - 14 December 2011 05:58 AM

Yeah, you could be right - but I just can’t justify buying new bindings.

Go on….......... spoil yaself!!!!!  cool grin

ooooh! pre-bent straps?? OMG I’ve been struggling to bend these Burton straps for years!!! What have I been missing?

Chucky, changing out straps to get better fit isn’t too crazy. Last year’s medium union forces came with s/m ankle straps instead of m/l and they didn’t fit my size 10 boots, even though they’re supposed to be fine to 10.5. I just called up the company and got new ones sent out. The bindings were still meh though.

btw, where did you put your thoughts on the nug? I looked and looked but couldn’t find them again. I just bought a 150 lol with 2011 restricted est cartels…argh and I’ve already got a set of 2012 reflex cartels on the way. one of them will be voted off the island :(

Gamblor - 14 December 2011 06:47 AM

Chucky, changing out straps to get better fit isn’t too crazy.

Especially pre bent ones!!!!!

Gamblor - 14 December 2011 06:47 AM

with 2011 restricted est cartels…argh and I’ve already got a set of 2012 reflex cartels on the way. one of them will be voted off the island :(

est hey!!!!! And I thought that you weren’t a fan?????  cool hmm

And just to clarify, they are pre bent at the hinge of the baseplate screw, so it fits better with ya boot!!!!!  raspberry

got the board lightly used with the est’s.  will test est cartels with reflex cartels and keep the ones i like better. But yeah, you’re right, I prob should ditch the est’s outright for lack of board options

Gamblor - 14 December 2011 07:18 AM

got the board lightly used with the est’s.  will test est cartels with reflex cartels and keep the ones i like better. But yeah, you’re right, I prob should ditch the est’s outright for lack of board options, and you never know, I might even try some FLUX’s and really like them?

That sounds like a brilliant idea, Gamblor!!!!!  cheese

My