The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the community, Mark! shaka

Welcome soulman and Mark! shaka

Welcome to community guys! smile

cords - 05 December 2011 01:56 AM

Scarface Fifo stands for Fly In-Fly Out which refers to a job (most commonly in the mining industry) where you fly to a remote location where the mine is (could be anywhere from a 1-4hour flight - Australia is a massive country!), work long hours for a few weeks, earn excellent wages and then fly home again for a week or two of down time.

Mark which mine do you work at? I’ve got a mate working as a kitchen hand - 2 weeks on, 1 week off and clearing $1600pw after tax. I thought about trying to do it too but I’m enrolled to do uni fulltime (online) next year now so I don’t think the two would combine too well together.

Never heard of it gulp probably because I live in Belgium were we don’t have stuff like that ^^
(btw i’m the most international guy here shock so I don’t know anything about the ‘common Australian stuff’; damn I say allot of stuff LOL)

Sc4rF4c3 - 05 December 2011 02:59 PM

Scarface Fifo stands for Fly In-Fly Out which refers to a job (most commonly in the mining industry) where you fly to a remote location where the mine is (could be anywhere from a 1-4hour flight - Australia is a massive country!), work long hours for a few weeks, earn excellent wages and then fly home again for a week or two of down time.

Mark which mine do you work at? I’ve got a mate working as a kitchen hand - 2 weeks on, 1 week off and clearing $1600pw after tax. I thought about trying to do it too but I’m enrolled to do uni fulltime (online) next year now so I don’t think the two would combine too well together.

Never heard of it gulp probably because I live in Belgium were we don’t have stuff like that ^^
(btw i’m the most international guy here shock so I don’t know anything about the ‘common Australian stuff’; damn I say allot of stuff LOL)

Ha yeah i cant wait to actually leave the country and meet some internationals!

Well, G’day Mate!!!!! How’s it Hangin????? smirk

Mwmartella - 05 December 2011 08:28 PM

Ha yeah i cant wait to actually leave the country and meet some internationals!

Me too only a ticket to Australia cost about 1600€, witch I don’t have ^^

&Mizu; good day it’s hanging juuuust fine grin

Hey all. My name is Ivan, and i’ve been boarding for a few years now. Before that I was a skier (Which I would’t mind giving another go sometime soon…)
Lanox is my boarding buddy.
Love the forum, keep up the good work.

Ivan

Hey Ivan, welcome to boardworld!

Welcome to BW Ivan! shaka
You going to Japan with Lanox?

Welcome to BW!!!!!

Ivan - 08 December 2011 10:59 AM

Hey all. My name is Ivan, and i’ve been boarding for a few years now. Before that I was a skier (Which I would’t mind giving another go sometime soon…)
Lanox is my boarding buddy.
Love the forum, keep up the good work.

Ivan

All the cool kids do both nowadays wink

Welcome!

Hey Ivan, welcome to the family!!!!!  shaka

Don’t listen to ozgirl, as I’ve never seen her board at all!!!!!

And it’s a damn shame that lanox is ya friend!!!!! Can’t ya find someone better than him?????

Welcome Ivan shaka

Mizu Kuma - 09 December 2011 02:19 AM

Hey Ivan, welcome to the family!!!!!  shaka

Don’t listen to ozgirl, as I’ve never seen her board at all!!!!!

And it’s a damn shame that lanox is ya friend!!!!! Can’t ya find someone better than him?????

You mean someone like you? snake

If ozgirl has never stand on a board , then who is that on her avatar?