The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Drift HD

hey peeps, im in the process of buying a brand new Drift HD (this one http://driftinnovation.com/drift-hd-action-camera/ )

I wanna buy it online but not too sure where, i tried sportscamera.com.au but they were all sold out :(

Does anyone know any trustworthy sites that i can buy it from that comes with all the attachments & biggest memory card it can take.

(i realise i could just google “Drift HD online store” but i don’t like throwing my credit card details on random sites that i haven’t been recommended to me)

Thanks!

Ya can try Launch as well > http://www.launchhelmetcams.com.au/drift-hd-cameras

But ya might wanna send spaz a pm first, cause I’m pretty sure that he can hook ya up with a deal!!!!!

You may have noticed I’ve been heavily researching the drift hd (as well as the gopro2) and will be purchasing one of them within the next couple of weeks.

Best advice would be to get in contact with Spaz and ask him for a price.

You could also check out a place like camera warehouse which has it listed for $369 and has pickup available in Sydney

that website is sold out as well :(

must be such an amazing camera that everywhere is sold out!!!

that or just no one caries alot of stock cause they dont sell well…

Yeah I’d agree with deano, more likely they just order the camera’s in as required and don’t keep stock. Should be a simple case of getting them to contact the distributor to confirm stock at warehouse and place the order.

Aren’t ya goin to Nth America anyway, blackbanana?????

Why don’t ya line up a store over there????? They should be heaps cheaper over there!!!!!!

thats exactly what im doing. i kinda wanted one over to get some footage of flying in etc. but meh, the $$$ savings made up for it

which cam are you going for drc13?

Mudhoney - 04 December 2011 09:51 AM

which cam are you going for drc13?

Wish I could give you a definite answer! I’m still on the fence, been pretty disappointed with drifthd footage so far but prefer it’s aesthetics and features. Going to have a chat to spaz again soon as see if he ever got around to signing up as a gopro distributor and take it from there.

How bout you made a decision?

Nah, but I’m in no hurry.  Probably leaning towards the gopro.  Pretty much the only thing i don’t like about the gopro is the dubious colour accuracy.  I’ve even come around on the boxy shape, because I reckon that is more useable when you don’t have it helmet-mounted.

Mizu Kuma - 04 December 2011 09:25 AM

Aren’t ya goin to Nth America anyway, blackbanana?????

Why don’t ya line up a store over there????? They should be heaps cheaper over there!!!!!!

I’m getting it as a going away present from the rents, so they’d prefer to buy it here and give it to me before i go!
Plus i hoping to get some awesome skate footage before i go with all this spare time i have

Don’t forget to claim your tax back at the airport. Details here.

BH Photo & Video have them in stock.  I have ordered through them twice in the past and they have been good to deal with.  Only problem is that they ship only to your billing address but I usuall just get a note in the mailbox asking to pick up the package from the post office or from the courier depot, which ever delivery method you go with.

thanks rider will do!

can you claim on items purchased over the internet?

Mudhoney - 04 December 2011 10:35 AM

I’ve even come around on the boxy shape

Haha still waiting for that moment myself. How you planning on mostly using it while on the snow, helmet mounted or pole? If helmet side/top or front mount?

blackbanana - 04 December 2011 11:57 PM

thanks rider will do!

can you claim on items purchased over the internet?

As long as it comes with a tax invoice with a GST component I can’t see any reason why not.