The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 November 2011 03:18 AM

You will like Hakuba Billy. Its the shit! Where you staying?

Staying at the lab! (wherever that is…. wink )

Billy - 24 November 2011 06:42 AM

Hakuba?????  smirk

Mizu Kuma - 24 November 2011 07:13 AM

Hakuba?????  smirk

hmmm

Billy - 24 November 2011 12:14 PM
Mizu Kuma - 24 November 2011 07:13 AM

Hakuba?????  smirk

hmmm

cheese

Mizu Kuma - 24 November 2011 05:36 AM

We’re talkin about a combined Hakuba/Niseko/Rusutsu/Tokyo/Kyoto, 3-4 weeks, for 2012/13 (Ullr Boys + The Mizu’s)

Would be friggin awesome to have a Boardworld contingent there!!!!!!

You are gonna go nuts in Hokkaido, trent!!!!! The snow is amazin, the locals are so damn friendly, the snow is amazin, the food is off the richter, the snow is amazin….............

What resorts are ya ridin????? Where are ya stayin????? Have ya booked?????

Not sure what resorts ill be riding, i should prob do some research but the guys im going with have been doing this trip the last couple of years so they have a bit of a system/routine, we fly into sapporo and hire a van & head to a place called otaru use that mountain as a base but also travel to others aswell. Its all booked and paid for and im counting the sleeps until i go!

the news was calling for 50cm overnight in Hokkaido…but looks even crazier for monday

Hey gamblor -  where abouts are you in japan?

even crazier there is talk of snow here Sunday/Monday.

Billy - 03 December 2011 02:28 PM

Hey gamblor -  where abouts are you in japan?

near Hakuba

gee they must have alot of meter parties in japan each season smilesmile

All, another way to book heap accommodation packages at ski resorts is to actually book through the JR (japan rail) Tour offices at the big train stations in Japan.

Slightly more uncoordinated as you won’t know what you’re doing until you’ve arrived and booked but if you’ve got the flexibility, the packages through the JR Tour Offices are very cheap.

I recommend this for those who are coming to Japan for more than just a ski trip because you can utilise the JR Rail Pass as well. This gives you unlimited use of the JR network for a couple of hundred bucks! including the Shinkansen (bullet trains) which aren’t cheap!

Unfortunately for me, I’m living in Japan so I can’t apply for this pass but I have booked a ski trip to Shiga Kogen next weekend, and departing from Yokohama, to Nagano via Shinkansen including two nights accommodation and meals (bar lunch) at a prince hotel for $Y29,000 which is about $360ish ozzie dollars.
I’ve just done a little research myself and catching the Shinkansen and bus one way is already going to cost me almost Y$10,000 ONE WAY!

Each night at the Prince Hotel including brekky and dinner is also $Y12,000/night. Adding all that up it’s roughly $Y44,000 and I’m only paying $Y29,000!!!

I’m aiming to do as many weekend trips as I can during my contract here so I’ll keep everyone posted on my journeys. I’m planning to spend Christmas up in Niseko since my RDO’s aren’t til the new year so I’ll keep posting up as much info as I can!

good stuff rahh keep us updated as few of us are going to hakuba next year.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience at the Japow mountains Pete!! smile

If you want to make the trek to Niseko I am there with over 500 people from 26th Feb to 9 Mar.