The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Show us your ride

My little beast - 2003 Holden Rodeo

i can’t show you my ride because some kangaroo looked like it would be an awesome jumping castle while doing 110km on the freeway. Needless to say i am feeling pretty lucky!

but it WAS an early 90’s mazda 626 so it is probably an improvement with a kangaroo through the windscreen raspberry

snowdragon - 24 May 2010 06:02 AM
mattyp - 23 May 2010 02:03 PM

mine.  Its not to keen on starting when I hit the snow tho.

Nice! My first car had that kinda attitude, I had to warm it up summer and winter but it would muscle through any conditions smile

I hit buller for 1 night last year, drove the pano up.
The night i had to leave i think it took a good 40mins till it was warm enough to idle on its own..  almost ruined my 2 days boarding.

my car is a little like that! but not 40mins it takes about 10 mins haha, still has done 2 seasons tho

longtimedead - 03 June 2010 02:48 AM

i can’t show you my ride because some kangaroo looked like it would be an awesome jumping castle while doing 110km on the freeway. Needless to say i am feeling pretty lucky!

Your very lucky, hitting a roo at 110 on the windscreen is almost a death sentence. Love to see a picture of the damage.

Last weekend a mate and myself where driving through the country, when we saw a pack of roo’s ahead off us on the highway. So my mate driving, slowed down so they could move off the road, they didn’t, slowed to a complete stop, used the car horn which made them eventually scatter off into the bush. And at the last second, one of the roo’s (which as far as I could see was perfectly normal) ran into the side of our car very heavily, knocked itself out and put a massive dint in the side of the car needing some panel beating work at a later date. We where totally godsmacked by what happened, had to drag the roo off the highway because it was out cold and of course, just as we drive off it regains consciousness and jumps back into the bush.

yeah i got away with just some cuts & bruising mainly from the glass shattering & the impact. Car is a complete write off. The roo hit the front left rolled up the bonnet so thankfully it didn’t get onto the driverside. ended up basically sitting in the passenger seat with its legs out the windscreen. if my camera wasn’t in the glovebox i would have taken pictures…

Here’s my car just a month or so ago
Photobucket

Being used as accom during overnight trips when it dumps.
Photobucket

Photobucket

How it sits now, engine and gearbox out.
gearbox rebuilt
soundproofing in
now to reassemble and finish paint.
Photobucket

Power - Porsche Inspired - Rear engine 2lt type4 Boxer Pancake, balanced, ported, polished, oversize valves, mild/hot cam, custom exhaust, fuel injection, elec ignition, hydrolic lifters, deep sump, oil cooler, dyno tuned for freeway use and rev limiter set to 5500 (it’ll easy hit 7k but starts throwing fan belts). Way more power then a Porsche 914 with the same stock motor and very good fuel econ.
It’s ready to bolt on twin turbo’s that will add another 40% hp at up to 18psi (but will run 11-13psi). It is currently double factory hp.

^the reason the gearbox died and a need for major sound proofing.

I’ve clocked the speedo (100mph) and it wants to go faster and gets there quick, real quick! - prob hit 115mph

Handling - Upgraded rear disc kit, front/rear after market sway bars. Lowered 3”. 15” Sunraiser Wheels.

Interior - 7% window tint rear, 5% driver/passenger. WRX bucket seats. 7 speaker, DVD/TV 7” screen (10” woofer), iPod connect and iPhone charging dock. Reversing infrared camera. Apple Mac power supply so I have my office, internet, video editing and photo processing in the car.

It’s a daily driver. It was happy to do Syd-Melb-Syd in 40hrs and I drive the 500km to the snow every fortnight. It’s an easy set up to make it an overnighter-I spent 6 weeks in the snow in 08 and 4 in 07. Can fit 4 adults plus luggage. 2 adults and their ski gear.

It doesn’t like cold mornings but it’s not much of a hassle, even in normal weather it wont warm up until it’s driven with some gusto for 5min. The low end needs a tune it’s a bit rich and bogs down but up top.. yowser!

I’m told you can hear me at Dead Horse gap from Thredbo at full noise.

Awesome to all of the above^

tayles - 03 June 2010 11:57 AM
longtimedead - 03 June 2010 02:48 AM

Your very lucky, hitting a roo at 110 on the windscreen is almost a death sentence. Love to see a picture of the damage.

Last weekend a mate and myself where driving through the country, when we saw a pack of roo’s ahead off us on the highway. So my mate driving, slowed down so they could move off the road, they didn’t, slowed to a complete stop, used the car horn which made them eventually scatter off into the bush. And at the last second, one of the roo’s (which as far as I could see was perfectly normal) ran into the side of our car very heavily, knocked itself out and put a massive dint in the side of the car needing some panel beating work at a later date. We where totally godsmacked by what happened, had to drag the roo off the highway because it was out cold and of course, just as we drive off it regains consciousness and jumps back into the bush.

Lucky indeed! I’ll see if i got a pic of my plymouth laser (don’t know the Oz equiv.) that I toasted on a 400lb Bull Elk in Colorado. Ambo says the low profile saved my behind!

my baby skye [= ehehe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spaz’s car is great
Any plans to respray? Would you stick with the purple?

I wont show a pic of the car but I can say my number plates are SNWBDR grin

kort - 06 June 2010 09:44 AM

hahha, sick number plate Kort

kort - 06 June 2010 09:44 AM

I had SNOWBD on my Hilux ute.