The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

Nice! Solo for your first o/s trip! smile

Going with the hubby - feel free to catch up for a beer or 20! (And a ride too!)

Billy - 16 November 2011 10:37 PM

Going with the hubby - feel free to catch up for a beer or 20! (And a ride too!)

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s a brave or stupid decision at this stage smile

Hah you will no doubt drink me under the table, but catching up for a ride sounds great

What do you have planned communication wise? I’ve installed viber on my phone for when I have WIFI access, don’t think I’m going to bother with a sim at this stage.

make sure to turn off data roaming!!

in Tokyo i left it on for a day after using google map and it cost me 30 bucks LOL

humdingaling - 16 November 2011 11:31 PM

make sure to turn off data roaming!!

in Tokyo i left it on for a day after using google map and it cost me 30 bucks LOL

Good tip, Fortunately on my phone I seem to be able to disable network data whilst leaving WIFI active which will make viber usable whilst hopefully avoiding massive data rates. I still think turning off roaming would be advisable as I’ve read I get charged through the roof even if someone else calls me.

I’ve also downloaded google translator which could prove to be very handy in tricky language situations as well as the Tokyo Tripadvisor which has some fantastic GPS guided tours built in.

drc13 - 16 November 2011 11:25 PM
Billy - 16 November 2011 10:37 PM

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s a brave or stupid decision at this stage smile

Hah you will no doubt drink me under the table, but catching up for a ride sounds great

What do you have planned communication wise? I’ve installed viber on my phone for when I have WIFI access, don’t think I’m going to bother with a sim at this stage.

Haha no worries - we’ll change that. (just kidding wink )

Yep I have Viber and Skype too for wifi…

Wooo hooooo

Japan leave was approved today (first day one the new job - cheeky)

Yeah!! Good work Oz! Can’t wait for the white stuff shred

Just adding another woot woot!

After travel agent shopping (trying to find someone who knew of the one world visit japan air pass - 10,000 yen ea sector to get up and back from sapporo) I have final booked my flights for $1387.44 (including taxes and travel agent fees)

ozgirl when you going ?

score!

lanox - 23 November 2011 02:42 AM

ozgirl when you going ?

24th Feb - 9th Mar

Niseko

im japowing this season aswell, first time there but its been on my list of things to do forever. Heading to hokkaido with a group of mates from the 10th of jan for 2 weeks, cant wait!

Hokkaido rocks! You’ll love it!
I hope I don’t regret choosing Hakuba this year! I love Niseko!

You will like Hakuba Billy. Its the shit! Where you staying?

We’re talkin about a combined Hakuba/Niseko/Rusutsu/Tokyo/Kyoto, 3-4 weeks, for 2012/13 (Ullr Boys + The Mizu’s)

Would be friggin awesome to have a Boardworld contingent there!!!!!!

You are gonna go nuts in Hokkaido, trent!!!!! The snow is amazin, the locals are so damn friendly, the snow is amazin, the food is off the richter, the snow is amazin….............

What resorts are ya ridin????? Where are ya stayin????? Have ya booked?????