The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

So Station resort is $99 per room per night 6 share

works out at about $115 for the week on accom only, or $33 for the weekend accom only

if we book before 30th Nov

i prefer to stay right on the snow, lol jindy i think its little far ....

I think The Station might be $79 a night 6 share. That’s $13 per person.

just rang em and they quoted me $99 per room per night

whatever = farken cheap

Jez

lock in the 3-9 and lock in station for the masses, if peeps wanna stay on snow let em work it out unless someone comes up with an amazing offer

i will prob be there from 6th-9th Sep, if not earlier

A very basic cheapest option budget at the station….

if rooms are $79 a night for 6…$13 a night each (its $79 if someone with a freedom pass books it)

$92 dollars a week on accom. $13 a night + 50 ski tube = $63 a night. 
7 nights @$63 = $441 for accom plus transport to snow.

or $13 a night if you got the ski tube pass so accom is $92! smile

(thats assuming you stay in a 6 people room and fill it. im sure there are people who want just a room with a queen or a double etc not everyone wants to rough it)

Need a rough budget for on snow accom to compare it to?  $200 a night usually includes breakfast and some sort of dinner ( having said that when I worked at the lodge in smiggs $200 wont get you a bed).

Most places in Jindy can’t fit 25-50 people and prices are more expensive than station.

Spaz I know what you’re saying about onsnow but Perisher just doesn’t seem to have that really sorted out I don’t reckon.  I found Buller really good in that dept, heaps of ski club accom, they even have a backpackers up there.  Perisher is very spread out and not so friendly for that I don’t reckon.  I have sorted myself out to make it worth my while not to stay on snow with a national park pass and a set up and willingness to brave the elements and camp.

For my money Jindy is the best option, apart from staying on snow it has everything, different accom styles and accompanying prices and loads of places to eat and drink.  With that said my opinion doesn’t count for much really as I’m probably going to be there for the weekend and a couple of extra days.  Will see what happens regarding lifts from Sydney goes, I might be coming with a mate so will depend upon the space situation for the trip there and back but on the Jindy/Perisher transfer I’m happy for the tray to be loaded up with snowboards so Caboose can fill up with passengers!

rider26 - 22 November 2011 10:50 PM

The main reason I decided to have the 2012 Shred in Perisher was because of their willingness to have us and help us out. I assure you, the resorts are by far the hardest people in the industry to deal with or get any assistance. After this past season at Thredbo, it became super important to me to only work with resorts that want to work with us. Behind the scenes, Thredbo made organising the Shred a nightmare. Out of all the resorts, we currently have the best relationship with Perisher. They communicate with us well and have been very accommodating and open to our ideas. Time was of the essence with all the season passes, and we decided to work with Perisher for 2012. It takes a lot of planning and I had to get the ball rolling with them ASAP to make sure we could have the Shred there.

So, I guess at the time it was decided the 2012 Shred would be at Perisher. We have not looked past 2012 yet, and your’e right, we certainly need to keep all our members in mind. I’d be very open to the idea of having future Shreds in Victoria. In fact, I’m sure we can organise at least a mini-Shred in Vic for 2012 as well. I’ll definitely come down at least once. I think Hotham would be worth looking at.

Please let me know what you think. Any questions or concerns, shoot ‘em through. smile

For sure Jez, I know! No worries! Bring it on, woo… And as for the mini VIC shred - I’ve already got my bells on. wink

i reckon Hotham Shred 2013 ........ but lets argue about that later

or NZ Shred!!!!!!

there is no kitchens at the station so no cooking unless you organise a barbie or something

pretty sure the cheap room rate does not come with breakie

CRACKERS - 23 November 2011 01:05 AM

A very basic cheapest option budget at the station….

if rooms are $79 a night for 6…$13 a night each (its $79 if someone with a freedom pass books it)

$92 dollars a week on accom. $13 a night + 50 ski tube = $63 a night. 
7 nights @$63 = $441 for accom plus transport to snow.

or $13 a night if you got the ski tube pass so accom is $92!

(thats assuming you stay in a 6 people room and fill it. im sure there are people who want just a room with a queen or a double etc)

Need a rough budget for on snow accom to compare it to?  $200 a night usually includes breakfast and some sort of dinner ( having said that when I worked at the lodge in smiggs $200 wont get you a bed).

I think we have to remember that if a place can book out their hotel for a week in September this early, they may be able to cut prices. I worked at Perisher Manor in September and we were lucky if 1/2 the rooms were booked during the week…

I’m sending an email to one of the owners of a lodge to see what they can do for us.

Currently: Station $13 + Petrol $10 + Ski Tube $20 = $40-50 per day + 2 hours of your time and crap meals for the week.
Lets see if on snow can get close.

Are Perisher willin to work out some sort of on snow accomm deal with Boardworld?????

Have they been approached about this as a possibility?????

humdingaling - 23 November 2011 01:11 AM

there is no kitchens at the station so no cooking unless you organise a barbie or something

pretty sure the cheap room rate does not come with breakie

nope

there is the Mess Hall up the at the pub with breaky prob cost you $5 - $20 extra a day

i eat breaky on the hill to avoid the traffic wink

guys i can try and speak to Silverbrumby is anyone interested its at thredbo tho ? my friends dad has shares in them so dunno i can see what i can do, last year i went i got room for 75$ included breakfast and dinner.

http://www.silverbrumby.com.au//index.cgi?qBQ9RT1odHN0YXJ0JkwxPTIwMCZmbT0xMDAg

if you guys are interested i can see what i can do.

lanox - 23 November 2011 01:19 AM

guys i can try and speak to Silverbrumby is anyone interested its at thredbo tho ? my friends dad has shares in them so dunno i can see what i can do, last year i went i got room for 75$ included breakfast and dinner.

http://www.silverbrumby.com.au//index.cgi?qBQ9RT1odHN0YXJ0JkwxPTIwMCZmbT0xMDAg

if you guys are interested i can see what i can do.

Pretty sure that Perisher is locked i as the venue this time, lanox!!!!!!

But surely there has to be similar things out there at Perisher?????