The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Shred 2012 - Preferred Dates

Poll: Preferred week
Total Votes: 27
Prefer September 3 - 9
Prefer September 10 - 16
Can only make September 3 - 9
Can only make September 10 - 16
Put me down for both weeks
I’m easy...

I can definitely talk to Oz Snow. They have been very helpful in the past and I’m sure they will put together a nice deal if that’s what people want.

To get the general consensus, how many people want to stay at The Station, and how many want to stay elsewhere?

I will stay wherever is cheap grin

Maybe another new poll is needed!? LOL

A poll rider!!!!

I want to do station in Sept and on-snow mid season. But I get so much on-snow time my vote hardly counts.

12 seater bus = car license.

Probably best to go to ski tube (gives you a chance to get ready on the train etc).

Everyone should stay at the same place… As we found this year, organisation is hard enough when people are a 5-10 min walk, if some people are on snow and some are chillin in Jindy, it will practically be 2 different shreds.

If people are keen for a big bus, I can organise one and grab it in the city and share the driving / grab people on the way… or if Cabby is going from Sydney, I’d be more than happy to jump in and chip in fuel / share the driving from north sydney etc.

On Ozsnow, I went with them this year and they aren’t the most reliable and they push you towards Thredbo so much. Once you add in the ski tube on top of their bus costs, it’s not as cheap as it sounds…

If we group up and get a few cars going, the costs won’t be too bad.

I am happy with the station… It’s just such a shame that they couldn’t get permission to build the ski tube all the way to the station… Would have made getting to Perisher sooooooo much easier for all snow-goers and staff.

If we had a 12 seater bus at least someone on an open licence can drive it. Anything over that I believe you need a bus licence?

Yeh on a full licence you can drive up to 12 seater. I have a Light Rigid Heavy Vehical licence and can drive* up to a 25 seater bus.
*note: not dont really wanna be the weekely bus driver, as fun as it could be, wouldnt wanna be locked in for the week. Plus too costly to hire a bus and in VIC i know i need a Hazzardous permit to drive up a mtn to the snow. Not sure bout NSW

TJswish - 22 November 2011 11:55 PM

If people are keen for a big bus, I can organise one and grab it in the city and share the driving / grab people on the way… or if Cabby is going from Sydney, I’d be more than happy to jump in and chip in fuel / share the driving from north sydney etc.

more than happy to give you a lift TJ, but i prob wont be there for the whole week

def for weekend + a few days see how things plan out

btw

can we change the emphasis of the shred to the weekend

i’m assuming 1st weekend will be the big one 1st/2nd of September?

So many busses go off the road on the way to Perisher. Soooo many!!!!

If The Station had the tube it would be more expensive to stay there.

Like Mizu said and Tj has pointed out. The money saved by staying at the station (or even Jindy) is no different to the extra expense of staying on snow.
IMO it is (in total) cheaper and 100 times more convenient/enjoyable staying On-Snow.

There are different things to do in and around Jindy that you can’t in PB, but they are things you can do anywhere. Isn’t the Shred about shredding/snow? If you went on a beach holiday would you stay 45min-1hr from the coast?

There was consideration toward Jindy last year - I think we will end up on-snow again this year.
Anyone that has sat down and done ALL the math know it’s not worth it.

huh spaz??

i can’t afford to stay on snow at $200+ per night

looked at it last season - for a weekend not worth it IMO

esp if i can get a room in Jindy for $50 -$60 p/n or stay at staion for cheaper than that or camp

Thredbo has a better village which would have made it easier for partying. Perisher is so big they don’t have that village atmosphere yet.

I guess every location we throw out there is going to have it’s pro’s and con’s.

Although, I am sure that OzSnow offers their deals with on snow accommodation as well. Just another thing to look into I guess!

Lucky we are talking about it so early!

why doesn’t anyone want to stay i jindy??

why doesn’t anyone want to stay in jindy??

blizzard_22 - 23 November 2011 12:27 AM

Thredbo has a better village which would have made it easier for partying. Perisher is so big they don’t have that village atmosphere yet.

I guess every location we throw out there is going to have it’s pro’s and con’s.

Although, I am sure that OzSnow offers their deals with on snow accommodation as well. Just another thing to look into I guess!

Lucky we are talking about it so early!

Ozsnow - river inn - thredbo.

They don’t have anything in perisher.

Better to talk to someone like deanes snow as they have 3 places on snow and ski rider…

Rick0889 - 23 November 2011 12:38 AM

why doesn’t anyone want to stay in jindy??

i think it comes down to cost and having everyone together