The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Meeting with the development team… what’s happening.

Mizu Kuma - 04 November 2011 12:23 AM

I’ll take care of this one if ya want me too!!!!!!  evil

Are you sure you can handle it with your sore shoulder? You’re not 20 any more, y’know? smirk

rider26 - 04 November 2011 12:19 AM
Tills - 03 November 2011 09:11 AM

Hey Jez-Club,

I just thought of one thing…

Would it be possible to show our location under our avatar? Maybe on another line, underneath the total posts, and joined lines?

It would make it much easier to work out who is from where. Especially when we’re trying to arrange a local get together.

Hey mate,

Yeah it’s definitely doable. I originally wanted to have it on the forums then decided against it. Just looking at other forums, it seems a lot of people use it to put things other than their location. Kind of gets a bit silly.

What does everyone think?

Personally, I like the fact that this site doesn’t have it!!!!! The more we become like them the closer we are of being them!!!!!

I remember when we started “The Lift Line” each day, and you came up with an alternate idea of the Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday…....... and I for one am happy that ya did it!!!!!! (Even though I had originally participated in it)

I really think that the ONLINE/OFFLINE/LOCATION will only head us in that same direction as the mundane Thank God It’s Friday crew, that lurk on all of the clonal sites that are out there at the moment!!!!!!

rider26 - 04 November 2011 12:28 AM
Mizu Kuma - 04 November 2011 12:23 AM

I’ll take care of this one if ya want me too!!!!!!  evil

Are you sure you can handle it with your sore shoulder? You’re not 20 any more, y’know? smirk

I’ll just change hands!!!!!  smirk

spaz - 04 November 2011 12:28 AM

Or we can chose one for members that don’t have one. Build a database of avatars like you did smilies for the ones more commonly used;
Until a new member posts in the new members thread they get a “newby” avatar.

Not a bad idea at all. I thought of something similar but thought I would have to do all the work, hehe. If you guys are happy to help out and select avatars, this could be a possibility. Thoughts?

Mizu Kuma - 04 November 2011 12:30 AM
rider26 - 04 November 2011 12:19 AM
Tills - 03 November 2011 09:11 AM

Hey Jez-Club,

I just thought of one thing…

Would it be possible to show our location under our avatar? Maybe on another line, underneath the total posts, and joined lines?

It would make it much easier to work out who is from where. Especially when we’re trying to arrange a local get together.

Hey mate,

Yeah it’s definitely doable. I originally wanted to have it on the forums then decided against it. Just looking at other forums, it seems a lot of people use it to put things other than their location. Kind of gets a bit silly.

What does everyone think?

Personally, I like the fact that this site doesn’t have it!!!!! The more we become like them the closer we are of being them!!!!!

I remember when we started “The Lift Line” each day, and you came up with an alternate idea of the Manic Monday, Terrible Tuesday…....... and I for one am happy that ya did it!!!!!! (Even though I had originally participated in it)

I really think that the ONLINE/OFFLINE/LOCATION will only head us in that same direction as the mundane Thank God It’s Friday crew, that lurk on all of the clonal sites that are out there at the moment!!!!!!

I tend to agree with this. I always wanted Boardworld to be clean, simple, and most importantly, unique.

Personally, I don’t like knowing who’s online. Maybe you just want to browse the forums and be anonymous, without feeling you have to reply to someone. I know that was the case for me on other forums.

I’ve thought about having it show how many people are online, without disclosing who they are.

What do you think?

You’ll probably still end up with some members that will pick the same avatar!!!!!

Just think back to when spaz26, Gamblor26, Azz26 and all of the other 26 Members were active at the same time!!!!!!  confused

Yeah, havin a ‘STATS’ page would be pretty interestin!!!!!!

If you are going to have an online status, I’d say only have Guests online, Members online. Dont actually list who is online

But call them LURKERS & SHIRKERS (Or somethin stupid)!!!!!!  LOL

rider26 - 04 November 2011 12:33 AM

I tend to agree with this. I always wanted Boardworld to be clean, simple, and most importantly, unique.

Personally, I don’t like knowing who’s online. Maybe you just want to browse the forums and be anonymous, without feeling you have to reply to someone. I know that was the case for me on other forums.

I’ve thought about having it show how many people are online, without disclosing who they are.

What do you think?

This I like, i’m curious sometimes how many people might be flickin through, but I don’t need to know exactly who- a bit too big brothe-rish.  Maybe a little active counter in the top corner near the Boardworld logo?

Other forums I’m on have it so that the user can set their status to invisible so you have the choice as to whether or not you can be seen. Could be another option.

Let the stalking begin wink

BKM - 04 November 2011 02:21 AM

Let the stalking begin wink

TJ!!!!!! Where?????  big surprise

Don’t worry, I haven’t left you yet…