The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Meeting with the development team… what’s happening.

blizzard_22 - 03 November 2011 01:10 AM

I really like the idea of a work version! If you have a look at the 1-day.com.au deal site, they have a ‘Quick the boss is coming’ link and it basically opens an Excel spreadsheet!

Haha that’s so funny. Checking the site now.

That is great news hope all is moving well..

Mudhoney - 03 November 2011 01:27 AM
TJswish - 03 November 2011 12:38 AM

Big HELL NO! To animated gif avatars. They are annoying and repetitive and ruin good forums. Also a lot harder to monitor and keep pg.

not that fussed, but wouldn’t it be cool to have eddie be able to post a sweet GIF of his flying squirrel, or K2 his massive air-to-disaster?  I would have thought the people here could generally be trusted.  I suppose there could be a Control Panel option to turn off animated GIFs for those with delicate eyes.

Just an example from another forum im on, you get sh!t like this:

Now imagine someone like Mizu has this as his avatar. Your page would look like this:

———————————————————————————————-

How annoying does that get?

Hahaha that’s so funny. LOL

But yeah, I agree with you.

Re-posting this question:

Also thinking of giving everyone without an avatar, a standard BW avatar, until they upload one. What do you think?

tj: did you read my second post where I explained reasons why it could be a good thing, and suggested a mode where it could be opted in or out of?  anyway, not that fussed about it.

I like having no avatar !!!!! Lol

Yeh I think its a good idea. Will look a bit better than having blanks down the side of the page

rider26 - 03 November 2011 02:05 AM

Re-posting this question:

Also thinking of giving everyone without an avatar, a standard BW avatar, until they upload one. What do you think?

agreed.

I like it. Maybe just black with white writing:

_BW_

Like the facebook Boardworld logo.

BW
Forums

BW

or what TJ said.

Cheers guys. smile

For those without avatars have just the BW or even the logo?

That would be cool if they had a default avatar, it would make the forums look more tidy. For the BW app could we have a automatic login? or like a remember my username and password so we don’t have to type it in everytime when we’re on our phones.

It would be cool to have the “member” underneath your username change everytime you hit a certain number of posts. For example 1-99 posts it would say “newbie” or whatever and when it reaches to a very high number it would say “Mizu” LOL

Hahahaha that’s hilarious TJ!! That poor guy LOL

Sounds very exciting Jez!! Lots of great changes happening… shaka