The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2011 / 2012

TJswish - 24 October 2011 01:03 PM

For anyone keen to head to Hakuba, the tour I’m going with just posted on facebook the following:

Liquid Snow Tours
Big flight + ski package sale on from Wednesday this week, Ski packages with flights to Japan from $1650 per person. Travel from 20th Jan - End of March, this will be the final big sale before this winter, for more info email us…. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

If you are keen to meet me in Hakuba, book some frights (Cause I’m that damn scary!) from the 10th Feb - 17th Feb I’ll be there… then the 17th - 22nd I’ll be in Tokyo if anyone is around smile

Couldn’t find that one on their website, TJ???? Where did ya get the info???? Does the FB site link to their commercial site????

I just got an email from jetstar talking all about it!!

Billy - 25 October 2011 08:08 AM

I just got an email from jetstar talking all about it!!

Has it got a link?????

C’mon guys!!!!! I would share with yas!!!!!! Maybe!!!!!!  long face

Just checked that one!!!!!

That price is 8 share ex Cairns>Osaka + ya have to pay $140 for 40kg checked baggage!!!!!!

So while it sounds good…........

SYD>TOKYO 8 share is $2000!!!!!

Here’s a boarding clip from the region.

http://youtu.be/_stujb4PMVI

Well I’m all booked!

I’ll be flying with Jetstar from the 16th-27th January 2012.

Will be doing 8 nights at Mt Hakuba Backpackers with a 6 day lift pass (will do the snow monkey day trip in the middle)

On the way back I’ll stopover in Tokyo for 3 nights.

Although somewhat nervous about my first OS trip I’m glad it’s finally booked and looking forward to it.

Ill be there same time as you! I leave hakuba on the 19th - last day riding on 18th… Let me know if you want to ride! shaka

Billy - 31 October 2011 10:07 AM

Ill be there same time as you! I leave hakuba on the 19th - last day riding on 18th… Let me know if you want to ride! shaka

Nice!

My first day will be the 17th. Haven’t worked out what order I’m going to hit up each mountain yet but pretty safe to say the first couple of days I’ll be rubbish on powder. Will have to tee something up though!

rider26 - 26 September 2011 02:47 AM

Onsen

Which onsen is this mate? and is it open to the public? Looking forward to a nice onsen after a big day on the slopes but after a quick look into it, it appears the majority are actually indoor rather than outdoors with a view.

Also did you have any favourite mountains when you went? I’ve got 6 days worth of lift passes so deciding whether to try a different one each day or concentrate on a couple of good ones.

It’s an onsen about 10 minutes down the road from the town of Hakuba. To be honest, I don’t know the name or how to get there. Long story but I got lost and ended up there haha. It looked awesome though!

I think* it’s this one: http://www.hakuba-springs.com/winter-season/winter-season-activities/hot-springs/obinata-no-yu

Happo-One was my favourite. Big mountain, lots of advanced terrain, we had a great time on Happo. Hakuba47 was also quite good and the terrain park was excellent.

that onsen is closed til spring I believe.
Lots of places have outdoor onsens, called rotenburo

Must be a different one then. Yeah, I’m sure if you ask around it shouldn’t be too hard to find an outdoor one.

no, you’re right. it is obinata no yu. Was it open when you went?

Yeah, it was open. Although I was there in late February.

Makes sense though. I forgot I went to Japan in February, thought I was there in January. I guess I was there just when it re-opened.

February is still winter though?????