The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Quiver — Post your ride here!

Fire them off an email?????

Good idea, will do

as of last year Rome didn’t make the discs. Anyways, get some burton reflex bindings - they are the BOMB! so awesome and you can use them on any board. I did that burton test in store (stepping on a broken board on regular/reflex/est bindings) and the results were something like the regular baseplate has 0 flex, reflex has 80% and est has 90%. Those are my impressions.

Oh, and the barracuda is soft. I heard the smaller sizes are better, but you’re a small guy if I remember correctly so you’ll be fine. Kobubo really likes it.

Ya I’m only 5’5” 153 lbs. I’ll probably get a powder board during the christmas sale, no money right now to buy full price. IF I do get the Cuda, is the 153 or 157 better? I know if I’m gettin a charlie I’ll probably go with the 154, but the Cuda has a smaller contact length than Charlie.

Gamblor - 29 October 2011 09:17 AM

Anyways, get some burton reflex bindings - they are the BOMB! so awesome and you can use them on any board. I did that burton test in store (stepping on a broken board on regular/reflex/est bindings) and the results were something like the regular baseplate has 0 flex, reflex has 80% and est has 90%. Those are my impressions.

Cheers for that, was looking into the 2012 Malavitas with reflex and was keen to hear what people had to say about it

yeah, they’re awesome. I’m selling a nearly brand-new pair of 2011 malavitas to get new ones just for the reflex. It’s one of those game-changing technologies, like when capstraps came out. This time I will get cartels though the malavitas look way better. I’m not a fan of the asym strap and the heel hammock does nothing for me. Cartels handle all conditions for me so I chose them. The 2012’s have a stiffer highback than the 2011’s.
If you have est though, the ‘12 malavitas have the hinge which looks like awesome tech.

In comparison to Burton’s Reflex bindings, have you guys tried Union Contact Pro bindings?

skip11 - 29 October 2011 05:18 AM

I got 2010 Rome Targas. I don’t know if Rome has one of those disc.

A proprietary disc is better, but any binding will work on Burton’s M6 ICS - provided you have the female inserts in the channel.

M6 just means it"s a 6mm bolt, which is the same thread as industry standard board inserts. So theoretically, standard discs should work as the hardware should screw into M6 ICS inserts. A couple of things, though - by doing this you don’t get the ‘window’ you find in Burton’s proprietary ‘Retro Discs’, and bolt length may also be an issue (any decent hardware store with have the right length though).

chucky - 30 October 2011 12:01 AM

In comparison to Burton’s Reflex bindings, have you guys tried Union Contact Pro bindings?

my friend has the regular contacts and the reflex cartels. He hates the contacts though. Something about the base just squishing. contact pros have carbon in the baseplate so that might help, but when you look at the whole picture, Burton buckles are so much better, and their heelcups are nice to hike with. Hiking with your fingers in union heelcups is quite scary if you slip - you could chop off your fingers!

Gamblor - 30 October 2011 06:52 AM

. . Hiking with your fingers in union heelcups is quite scary if you slip - you could chop off your fingers!

Haha, good point! Those things are scary looking!

I’m kind of over Burton bindings though. I’m really pissed off at how quickly mine are falling apart - it’s like Burton have deliberately made them that way!

Oh, and the red colouring in my P1.1 binding heelstraps bled all over my new while SLX boots!!! NOT HAPPY!!!

really? I have trouble killing my bindings. I have a pair of green cartels from either 07 or 08 that are still fine.
You should try unions or flux’s and then you’ll appreciate Burton’s more. I tried Union last year and I’m back to lovin’ the B. Especially with reflex - it’s so good.

What FLUX’s did ya have that disapointed ya, Gamblor?????

just go into a store and compare the build quality between a pair of cartels and whatever flux’s you like. There’s no way you can claim that flux buckles are better than Burton’s. Flux’s aren’t bad, I grant you, (certainly better than unions) and if I had a pair I doubt I’d have any complaints (apart that they look like kids bindings). and especially now, with the reflex tech in cartels and up, it’s a no-brainer to me

Oh, I thought ya must have had some before!!!!!

i had a pair of titans (I think) can’t remember the name