The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Creative ideas for a video series…? Brainstorm.

Hey guys,

Boardworld is filming a series in Whistler this season with a well known team (Australian snowboard team for a certain brand). It’s going to be a joint production between Boardworld and this particular brand. The series will most likely be six webisodes.

Anyway, we are trying to come up with unique ideas for this season. Of course we want banger riding footage in there, but we want the concept to be unique and interesting.

Just putting this out there for some brainstorming. Any ideas?

Statue Riding????? Maybe statues of Aussie Animals?????

Where a different Statue is bought in to each episode to play with/jib off!!!!!

Race Around The Mountain?????

An orienteering style race, with tricks on certain features (natural/man made) that have to be completed along the way!!!!!

Personally I like snowboarding movies where they actually talk to the audience and it’s not just music over people sliding rails etc. That’s why I enjoyed Art of Flight so much.

Concept… umm… 6 different dress up themes: Pirates / Monsters / Animals / Suits / Retro / Togas

Challenge the skier?????

A skier is randomly chosen by one of the team members, then another team member is drawn from a hat/rock paper scissors/whatever, then a trick from a list of similar board/ski tricks for the opponents to complete!!!!!

The loser then gets to be humiliated in some way!!!!!! (Similar to ‘spray in the face’, but with more in stake, Snowboarder Pride)

Just something to keep in mind…

Due to schedule and availability, we are probably going to film with each rider individually. At least 4 of the episodes will be with individual riders, I think. There might be two or three with multiple riders.

Mini shred? Hit runs around the resort. I think those are some of the most fun clips to watch.

skip11 - 27 October 2011 01:19 AM

Mini shred? Hit runs around the resort. I think those are some of the most fun clips to watch.

yeah def this ^

bit over big booter stuff

show their fav runs at resort and what they like to do cruising around

Hey Jez

pay for my flight over and i’ll hold a boom stick, lug gear around or something,

uknow….. for free wink

RIDER CHALLENGE!!!!!

Same concept as “Riders Challenge” on Boardworld, but Boardworld members get to pump out some challenges for the riders, BUT each challenge is selected/voted for by the rest of the Team Riders????

This “Challenge” can then be incorporated into the days footage of riding!!!!!

We have all seen vids with all types of ridin, but whoe here can say that they didn’t like watchin things like Torstein’s “Spray in the Face” Vids?????

How bout challenging a random snow goer to a game of SNOW (like skate). They obviously have to be decent enough to compete, but choosing some random from the park to participate

Mizu Kuma - 27 October 2011 02:06 AM

RIDER CHALLENGE!!!!!

Same concept as “Riders Challenge” on Boardworld, but Boardworld members get to pump out some challenges for the riders, BUT each challenge is selected/voted for by the rest of the Team Riders????

This “Challenge” can then be incorporated into the days footage of riding!!!!!

We have all seen vids with all types of ridin, but whoe here can say that they didn’t like watchin things like Torstein’s “Spray in the Face” Vids?????

I like that Idea. You could do it like Boardworld members before filming starts come up with a whole bunch of challenges. The production crew chooses a number of them. They get put onto a wheel of forturne and each episode the rider has to spin the wheel. A challenge can only be done once

Hahahahahaa!!!!!

Get Baby Face John Burgess to spin the wheel?????

If I can get my Shiz together, can I get involved. What dates/month are you planning on filming?

What about some sort of challenge/tag type thing, where each rider sets a challenge for the next? Obviously this would work best if you feature one rider per day. but even if you have multiple riders it would work.

You could probably expand on it, but say for example you just do it with tricks. Rider A has to perform a certain trick, then at the end of the vid, he sets the trick for rider B on the next vid.

Ninjas.