The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

In 2007, he dislocated his shoulder during the season. He was told to get surgery but opted to rehab for six weeks so he could join back just before they playoffs. He did, but he wasn’t himself, obviously. He had shoulder and knee surgeries over the summer. Our whole team fell apart the following season. From there we clearly had to rebuild. In 08/09, he was the scoring champion of the NBA (30+ points per game). No single player can succeed in the NBA without a good team around him. Anyway, you’re entitled to your opinion. raspberry

there are rumours that an nba showcase game to be played in australia, europe etc…

whether its true or not…

Another two weeks cancelled.  hmmm

november 8th and 9th.
rod laver arena
Nba world tour games.

Not 100% confirmed as of yet but if it goes ahead im going to lose my sh!t

I’m thinking of going to Melbourne a few days early to watch this… Though I can’t afford a $200 ticket (which I am guessing might be the asking price)

I’m thinking of going too. I think they will be announcing details today. I wish they were coming to Sydney.

Just had a chat to my mates and there is no chance we are going. Can’t get time off work and flights down are >200 return right now.

+ I’m going down there for that weekend anyways.

i am willing to pay $300 for a ticket. more if its courtside

Its a sad day in the NBA, apparently Kris Humphries is wifeless and teamless…..

I think he’s better off without the circus.

Can someone please explain me is NBA in a lockout?? i saw a news headline, but didnt really get it…

In a nutshell, the contract between players and owners expired. They can’t agree on a new contract. The owners want way more money than the previous contract. The players have already made many concessions, however both sides are now unwilling to budge from their positions. Therefore, the NBA has been locked out for 100+ days, no one is getting paid, games have been cancelled, and the entire season is in jeopardy.