The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

REVIEW: Chemical Storm Skullteeth Octorocker

Yeah im really torn between which board to get now :(

Octorocker - seem almost perfect except for size

arbor westmark - which seems awesome but i cant find any reviews

skate banana

& i also wouldn’t mind a T.Rice either haha

also its available at stm bondi on thursday night?

Yep, come check it out on Thursday night and we can have a chat about it.

sweeet i shall be there

blackbanana - 26 October 2011 07:13 AM

Yeah im really torn between which board to get now :(

Octorocker - seem almost perfect except for size

arbor westmark - which seems awesome but i cant find any reviews

skate banana

& i also wouldn’t mind a T.Rice either haha

Heard good things about the Westmark, rode the Octorocker and give it the thumbs up and owned a T-Rice which I have sold after half a dozen rides!!!!!! (Some crew like the C2 in the T-Rice and some don’t!!!!! I was one of the don’ts!!!!!!)

Probably see ya in at STM thursday night as well!!!!!!  shaka

Hey blackbanana,

Like Jeremy mentioned, I recently demoed the Octorocker 55. I’m 6’4 and 80kg so pretty similar to you.

I really really liked the board. I am still going to write a little review in another thread (taking my sweet time I know). But basically I think it is a great all round board. It had a fairly soft flex but not too soft that you lose performance, so nice for buttering. It also felt surprisingly stable at any speed. The stability was great for freestyle riding, like for landings etc. I think for an all round board the length is fine. I personally would have liked maybe 3cm more, but that wasn’t a big deal. Going at speed on hard groomers was good but that extra length would have helped there probably. For freestyle riding it was the perfect length for me. That’s an awesome price for such a good board too.

yep im sold.

ganna get me one of these bad boys tomorrow rocker

@mizu: What are you talkin about?!!! Stop hating mizu the T.Rice is the bessstttt : tongue wink

blackbanana - 26 October 2011 01:23 PM

yep im sold.

Awesome. Forgot to mention, the graphic and shape are totally sick.

@skip:  dance

blackbanana - 26 October 2011 01:23 PM

yep im sold.

Might see ya at STM, bb?????  cheese

yeah for sure, what time are you going to be there?

Leavin the Gong about 4:30-5:00, so could be anywhere from 6:00-7:00 weather/slackness/feeding/drinking dependent!!!!!!

rider26 has my number, so he can track our whereabouts if needed!!!!!  shaka

what don’t you like about c2 Mizu? or did you post your thoughts somewhere already?

Gamblor - 27 October 2011 01:48 AM

what don’t you like about c2 Mizu? or did you post your thoughts somewhere already?

To me it felt like it lacked considerable pop compared to that of my cambered DC, but I expected that somewhat bein a hybrid rocker, until I rode a full rockered board (The Octorocker) and found that the C2 even lacked it compared to the full rocker boards!!!!!

While I’m not the Ollie King, I just like the feel of a “springier” board!!!!!

I also felt that the Magne-Traction held an edge no better than the DC on hard pack, and just felt more comfortable on the DC all round!!!!!

They were similar lenght/style of board (all mountain), so I decided to on sell t it, and buy a shorter spring/fun board for muckin around on!!!!! The YES Tasmaniac that I’m pickin up tonight!!!!!  dance

Havin said that, there were a few fans of the C2 that tested it at the Shred, but it just wasn’t for me!!!!!

Maybe in deep POW it would be a whole new story all together????? Then again I am sure that the DC will still do a bang up job there also!!!!!!